Shoulders, arms, back hand and thumb base pain 1 month after a shoulder injury.

Posted , 3 users are following.

One night, after working with my hands a lot being in virtual reality, I began to feel an extreme pain in all of my right arm. My shoulders, arms and hands. The day later, not caring much about the incident, I went to work out. after an hour, I began to feel stabbing pain in my shoulders. After 2 weeks, I began to see improvements, and I had a week where I almost did not experience any pain at all. Yesterday, I woke up to feel severe pain in my right back hand and thumb base, not being able to pick up a glass of water without feeling pain, and also pain in my left shoulder and left back hand and thumb base too, but the worst were my left shoulder and right hand. My right shoulder barely even hurts and I have an uncomfortable feeling in my left shoulder, like it's lower than my right one. I took an x-ray scan for my left shoulder and the results were perfectly fine. Any thoughts and tips, or maybe a rough estimation on how much time it could take for the pain to go away?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would request an MRI. X-rays do not show the muscles and it sounds like its more muscular/tendon related. You know your body and if it continues, push for more testing. Good luck!

• Posted

sounds like you have a nerve injury or two. One being the long thoracic nerve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.