Shouldn't I be better than this?

Posted , 12 users are following.

hello everyone  I'm on holiday in Italy 12 weeks post op. I have been doing all my exercises but 8 days into my holiday I now have problems walking and pain down my thigh. I have been walking a mile four times a day into the town and a bit of wandering round the shops and swimming. I still am unable to weight bear without using a stick. I'm now getting really worried I have something wrong with implant. Anyone have ideas or comments for me please?

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good morning Gillian - 

How did you sleep ?    Your expectations might be too high . 

As you know and have heard this before, we all heal at our own pace .. it is a very individual process ... Vacation is always different than being at home to begin with ... the preparation to leave, to travel, different bed etc ... 

How are you handling the lounge chair? 

Try not to compare your self with other people's story ... and do stop beating your self up, okay? it is not helping and makes you feel discouraged and frustrated ... tensing up your body and all the muscles ... 

be very gentle and kind to your self ... How long is your stay ? 

I am sure it is beautiful and hopefully sunny and warm ... 

Here's wishing you a good and comfortable day ...

warm hug

renee

• Posted

It could be slopes. Is it hilly where you are walking 4 times a day, more hilly than you were used to at home?
    • Posted

You could be absolutely right. I didn't seem to have too much problem walking the four plus miles on the flat and then one day we visited Malcesine  which is hilly and after that it really kicked off. It was also more than I had been regularly doing at home I guess too as I'm not back to my full dog walking yet (about 2 hours a day)
    • Posted

Yeah, even though you are walking & feeling great, slopes even 3/4 months later will affect your stamina and give you some new minor pains. Don't stress over that & start thinking something in the healing has gone wrong. Eve 6 months later slopes would bring on some pain, but now a year later they no longer do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.