Shower covers for boots recommendations

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good afternoon!  I'm in my 5th week of recovery of a triple arthrodesis.  On May 1 I will be going back to work and my husband will not be around to help me with the shower.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good shower cover for the boot?  I've searched on Amazon, etc., but it seems like they are for casts and not boots.  Any help would be so very much appreciated! 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

If it's a boot, then remove it. Have a shower mat in the shower, a none slip mat and get a shower chair to sit on it. Keep the chair near the shower door , grab the back of the chair and and pull yourself into the chair. Otherwise have a shower chair or normal chair near the sink and give yourself a really good wash & rinse. Have your toiletries and clothes ready by the sink. Do what you can with what you have. It's not forever. Good luck 🙂

• Posted

I took my boot off too when I was in the shower and whislt I was resting with my ankle elevated on the sofa. I also got a little stool from IKEA that fitted in the bath and sat on that. Then took my time getting out onto the toilet seat...worked really well for me. Xx
  • Posted

Hi.

I found this company the best...

They have a tight band that fits snuggly aroundyou leg, you  can fit it over a cast and I boot.

I’ve had mine for about 5yrs as I’ve had multiple ankle ops and they are just brilliant. They work well and do not leak at all...happy healing.

Claire. Xx

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Dear Suze

The cast protector I bought from Amazon in the UK protects my full length leg cast very effectively and I have been very satisfied with it over the last month or so of use. Not a drop of water seems to have got past the wide tip sealing band and the protect it extends up to beyond by knee.

I've just checked my order and see that it is out of stock and I cannot find what I was charged but it was unlikely to have exceeded about £15. GBP. It is shown as an adult 1/2 leg Lindo Adult waterproof cast protector. Hope that helps. Cheers Richard

• Posted

Apologies for the typos . The phone does things to some messages behind my back! Cheers Richard
    • Posted

glad it is not only my phone that has a mind of its own😂

• Posted

I think they used to say that a trouble shared is a trouble halved!

Cheers, Richard

• Posted

I got a shower chair and took boot off.  I have a knee scooter too to get around.  
  • Posted

Thank everyone!
  • Posted

Hi Suze, 

You'll be fine even with your boot. You can take the boot off like others have said. I just replaced my first cast/ splint cover because my first one split from going over the cast so much. This one seems to go over much better. I will try to look it up/ has a suction top to it but seems bigger around if that makes sense.... ?

Good luck going back to work!

Rose

• Posted

Thank you Rose!  As everyone knows, it gets a little frustrating not to be able to stand on two feet.  However, like my doctor said, it's a very good investment for a lifetime of pain-free.  I have to keep telling myself that!!  

• Posted

There is a shower bag made especially to cover the boot, check out Amazon. When my doctor said it was ok for me to shower, I would remove the boot and shower. Are you allowed to get your foot wet? Once my sutures were removed, I was allowed to get my foot wet.
    • Posted

Thank you yolander!  I can get my foot wet, but I'm not sure how much weight I will be able to put on my foot after tomorrow's doctor visit.  My goal is to be able to shower standing up instead of using the shower chair.  smile  Thank so much for your response!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.