Showing signs and symptoms of lymphomas, should I be concerned?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I'm a 26 year old male who is a frequent smoker and suffers from chronic rhinitis and eustachian tube dysfunction.

Last year I noticed a very hard lymph node near my jaw line that sat under my ear. It was swollen but not the point where a lump would appear. I went to my regular GP who did a physical exam and mentioned it wasn't anything too concerning. None the less, they ordered me to have a CT, blood test and an ultrasound to be on the safe side. My results came back which noted a reactive lymph node in both left and right side of the neck that were less than 1cm.

Fast forward a year, these hard and swollen lymph nodes are still there with no noticeable changes in size. Recently I found another lymph node along the neckline that seemed to be very hard and larger than the others. This followed by a really itchy rash on my scalp that is quite pimply. The head rash was accompanied by a body rash which comes and goes and really itchy. This was diagnosed as chronic hives from my dermatologist. I've also been experiencing mild night sweats (not to the point where my sheets and pjs were soaked) and dull pain/discomfort under my armpit and groin.

Should I be concerned by these recent symptoms and is it a sign of lymphoma? Or do my allergens such as the rhinitis and ET dysfunctions play a roll?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.