SI injection

Posted , 2 users are following.

i will be having an SI injection in the next couple of weeks and although I am not actually scared i am apprehensive.  My doctor is male and as silly  as it may sound i don’t want him seeing any part of my backside then having to see him post procedure.   I would also never be able to go back and see hi, the embarrassment would be so great.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you feel that strongly about it then you need to get a different doctor to do it. But if this doctor is also prescribing you opiates he's going to insist he do the injection. When you have a pain management doctor they don't allow you to get your treatments in more than one place. I just got an injection in each of my SI joints. And yes I had to lay on my stomach bear my butt so they can clean it and then he comes in and does the injection and talks to me while he does it which helps me to relax and then it's over within a few minutes. Some doctors prefer that you have a pillow under your pelvis which kind of puts your butt up in the air and that's kind of embarrassing too. My doctor only has me pull my britches down far enough that he can do the injection so my pants are not all the way down. On the other hand I used to get injections from someone else many years ago. And he made a big production out of it which in my opinion is not needed. I was made to dress up in a paper gown and wear a paper shower cap to cover my hair. Once I was in the procedure room he did the injection and it only took a few minutes it. I had to stay on the gurney for 15 or 30 minutes to make sure I guess that I didn't have a bad reaction. After that time I go back to my room and change into my street clothes. He really did make a procedure that should only take a few minutes into this whole couple of hours production. And I'm just telling you about that experience because I don't know which way your doctor's going to be. And he may have his own way.

• Posted

I will besedated at my request.  Not only willi get the steroid i will be getting a pain releiver.  I will keep a diary of my pain levels.  The only pain management female in his office is a P.A
    • Posted

Oh sonne I get it it's my worst fear, this might sound bad but my first experience I was told to remove my underwear and I was ill but I said I was on my period could I leave them on I j is it was a lie but I don't think I could physically go through with it, anyway since then I just leave them in and they pull them down to wear they can access the joint, it's quiet high up so I don't see the need for them to be removed, please just let us keep some dignity, also the SI joints arnt as painful as the faucet joints in my opinion of course but I think your first lot will always be harder then after that idies get easier, try not to worry to much it will be over in a jiffy, good luck and let us know how they go😊

• Posted

Thank you so much Caroline.  Unfortunately he knows I’m too old to be on my period.  I don’t see why they can’t angle the blanket to keep that part of me covered.  I don’t know of another way to say this, but it’s the crack being exposed that embarrasses me.   I’m just at a lossas to how I even bring it up with my pre-op nurse or even the doctor himself.  I guess i’ll just not make my follow-ups with his P a  only
    • Posted

You know what Sonne just go in there and tell them, say look something is really bothering me and I was wandering if you could help, I feel a little embarrassed about being exposed and was wandering if I could leave my underwear on and just move them down to where you need to be... i can't imagine for one moment they would say no, to them it is absalutely nothing so unless you make them aware of how you feel they won't even think about it, I hope this helps but please don't feel you need to loose your dignity and get chewed up over this I sure they will understand, no one says anything to me I just wear them and that's that and I'm such a private person and this thing bothers me no end so I do understand 😊

• Posted

Caroline thank you for the encouraging words I will definitely talk to the pre-op nurse and see what I can do I don't mind taking off the end where they can put a blanket over me they can angle the blanket anyway they need to if they say no or they go against my wishes I'm just going to have to say no to the Shot and put them in a bind I know I have to sign a consent form and I won't sign unless they do follow my wishes

• Posted

Be careful tho because if you refuse to have them you might not get another chance or they will make you weight a long time, just let them know how you feel and I'm sure they will understand and make as easy as possible for you, good luck😊

• Posted

Decision made.  I will see the doctor before the procedure and let him know my feelings.  At that time i will also let him know that if my wishes aren’t met that I’d prefer him not re-enter after the procedure, but talk to my husband instead and also that i willpreferto see his PA  from then on..
    • Posted

Injection scheduled for Friday morning.  Talked to the pre-op nurse today and was informed me that i won’t even have to dress down.  I will get to wear my own clothes and assured me that i WILl remain covered.  I am going to trust her since I’ll be under versed.
    • Posted

Brilliant news, I hope they work well for you 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.