SI injection confusion

Posted , 6 users are following.

i’ve talked to the pre-op nurse about remaining completely covered during the procedure.  Sh assured me i will.  I’m supposed to be given versed but i know it’s intended to cause amnesia and therefore they could have me completely exposed and i would never know the difference.  Another choice is to go without and insure my modesty is kept intact.  The last option is to completely cancel.  I am truly horrified my dr will see the upper part of the crack and my humiliation will be so great i won’t be able to ever look at him again and that could cause a problem if i need more injections. This dr is the only pain mgmt dr in my network.  At this point i’m leaning toward cancelling

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sonne, my experience with the injection was comfortable. My back was only exposed. The pain relief from the shot is good.
    • Posted

I can sit for hours for a tattoo, but bring a needle at me and i jump out of my skin, but i guess in order to keep any dignity intact i’ll have to do it sans sedation
  • Posted

I don't know what your situation is.  I'm new to this discussion.  At the risk of coming off as an interloper, your own words said "they could have me completely exposed and I would never know the difference."  If you never know the difference, what difference does it make? There's an old saying, "ignorance is bliss."  It's a saying for a reason - it has some validity.  If you need a procedure, don't let vanity get in the way. Besides, on the other hand, you might be completely covered, as he pre-op nurse said you will.

• Posted

its not an issue of vanity.  its an issue of true horrors in my past.  its the same reason I don't do well woman exams and will never have a colonoscopy.  ignorance isn't always bliss.  just thinking they might have gone too low with my pants will bring great humiliation. 

• Posted

You need to just get over that, the Dr. is a professional, and won't be looking at your crack, he'll be looking at the xray and spot to put the injection.

• Posted

I don't care if the doctor is the pope. and don't tell me to just get over it. I've been trying to for 50 yrs.  a man is a man is a man.

• Posted

I just read your post to barry5353 and in it you stated that a man is a man. I did not realize that you were concerned because of the sex of the doctor. Can you not find one that is female to do this procedure? Would that be easier for you?
    • Posted

ok got two injections injections instead of one.  got the versed but felt every needle and was over exposed in my opinion,  Made it clear that I didn't want him back in the room before leaving.  he came anyway.  I ignored him.  also made it clear that I am severing the relationship with him.  no there aren't any female pain management drs.  just like having my trapeziectomy,  I am so very sorry I had this done.  I felt every needle  I

• Posted

One question you need to ask yourself is will you ever believe that he did not see your buttock while you were under? I suspect that you will always wonder if he saw you. So the only way you can be assured is to be awake. And I believe I remember your concerns in another post and you mentioned that you were apprehensive about being awake during the injection. So I think at this point only you can make this decision.
  • Posted

I am so sorry that you had such a miserable time of it. It sounds like the doctor has a lousy bedside manner. I know that the whole experience was bad but you didn't say if you had any good results from it.

• Posted

Amkoffee its too early to tell what kind of results i’ll get. My buut, back and hip are still sore from all the needles. Ii look like a pin cushion. He’s a very nice guy usually.  I guess i should have waited until after the procedure before firing him

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.