SIBO

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Has anyone here suffering from ME/CFS has ever been diagnosed with having SIBO? If so, how did you go about getting diagnosed? What was the treatment? Did you have suspicion of any other illnesses before you were diagnosed with SIBO? Did your ME get better after receiving treatment for SIBO?

I would also like to ask if anyone here has taken prebiotics/probiotics and if that's helped you at all.

Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Docor in the House (BBC1) screened (repeat) 27.6.17 had a case of SIBO diagnosed in extreme fatigue.  It is a programme about lifestyle medicine and part of hte approach was antibiotic treatment of hte bacteria in hte wrong part of hte intestine  and compensatory pre and probiotic foods.  The programme dealt with several cases of extreme fatigue and different causes.  Hope this is useful.
  • Posted

I was finally diagnosed (a year after symptoms started) recently by a holistic doc who treated me with antibiotics and then cumin oil & digestive enzymes and put me on a no sugar/low carb/no alcohol diet (that I don't really follow very well since I'm vegan :-/) I thought it was bad candida but it's just an overpopulation of bacteria living in the wrong places- not fungus. In this case doc says probiotics are only good once you've fixed the problem as to not add fuel to the fire. I have yet to buy one.

I feel a little less tired which isn't really saying much, some itchy skin rashes on my legs finally went away, and obviously my digestion is a lot better which has definitely improved my life. But I still have the same old ME symptoms... Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.