SIBO ( Hydrogen SIBO)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just finished Augmentin for slightly elevated Hydrogen SIBO, I’m allergic to Rifaximin. Already did elimination diet, and got some probiotics to start taking. The Augmentin gave me bad bloated, gas, nausea and constipation so weird. I also had complicated Diverticulitis back in Feb so was on antibiotics for a month. Made me real sick but had diarrhea all the time. The colonoscopy showed no leaky gut, so after many blood tests and, stool tests, Endoscopy and colonoscopy nothing serious. Just the now Diverticulosis and SIBO. What to do now is my question, the diets are so diff for each. Can anyone give me advice on good probiotics, enzymes, supplements and diet. I’ve already did elimination diets, have lost 40 lbs in 5 months. Pls help! 😢

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Had diarrhea for months, finally took Flora critical care 50 billion probiotic from health food store took 2 weeks and it was gone.   Also before probiotics I took,a box of cholestraymine.  Doctors said I had IBS, they thought.   I think it had something to do with bilenacidbtried this and it worked.   Most people and many doctors think probiotics are not that effective.  Try It!  
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I will go trade in the probiotics I got, haven’t opened box yet. What and where do you find Cholestraymine? Did you have SIBO, Diverticulitis or just IBS? Again ty for advice. 🌸🌺

• Posted

Cholestraymine, you need a prescription for it.    It is a powder you mix with any fluid.  Yes, I had a bit of diverticulitis, they found after my colonoscopy.   Said they thought I had IBS.   My gastro doctor could not believe that the pain went away after the cholestraymine and the probiotic....it was me that asked for it as I did my own research....The flora probiotic must be kept refrigerated and you take one a day.    I also had the pain on my right side under my ribs which went away with the  Cholestraymine and had diarrhea for months.  Have nothing now for over 6 months. Give it a try won’t hurt you...I don’t think doctors are really into probiotics....
    • Posted

I’ve heard of people with Diverticulitis mention Questran Sachels, So ill definitely ask Dr for it. Ty. On the probiotics I looked it up but it only showed me shelf kind not refrigerated? Do you know exact brand? Again TY so much. So glad you got better fast. I’ve been in this gut mess for 5 months now. Ugh nasty disease. 🌸🌺

• Posted

Yes at health food store it is Flora critical care 50 billion.  I am from Canada.   If not get the one that has the most strains in it..hope this helps you....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.