Sick

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm in perimenapause is it normal to feel sick ,nacious symptoms changes all the time.

Can peri just fluctuate on one side of neck ear head shoulder I'm having these symptoms woke up nacious feeling like I'm sick fully drained can it be my hormones that go up and down. 

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

• Posted

I feel nauseated off and on all day. And my neck and hips hurt.

I have a terrible headache today for horrible sleep!!

• Posted

I had a really bad head neck and ear pressure on my right side yesterday.

can it always be on one side for me it's always on my right side, also I get blurry vision and my shoulders hurt but also feels a little burning sensation. 

• Posted

Hi,,yes me too morning sickness had it when I was in the first stages of peri and now it's back now for few weeks you think I'm pregnant Lol,hormones playing around the stomach area not very nice when it happens

• Posted

Hi yes when I was peri I had morning sickness. I wasn't always sick but it felt just like pregnancy morning sickness.

• Posted

I'm feel sick today, my eyes feel strange my head doesn't feel the same fatigue nacious I feel that my shoulders hurt a little. 

• Posted

Yes mam, the nausea has been bad for me this week. My period went off a few days ago. I try to eat smaller meals hoping it helps.. Hang in there 😊

• Posted

Yes i had nausea so bad once I couldn't eat and ended up passing out from being so weak and had to spend the night in the hospital.

And yes it is always my left side neck and ear. We are all in this together

• Posted

I feel that the ear head neck shoulder pain is there but some days it's alote more than others, do you have this every day. 

Also on that same side does your gum or teeth bother you it all radiate to my right side I'm scheduled for a neurologist appointment on the 6th of Feb and a dentist appointment is this only me am I going crazy please help me I would love to hear from other women in this forum about there symptoms like mine 

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline.

You will be fine is nothing wrong😊and yes with the ear pain at times feels

that radiates in your mouth and for me I thought was one of the glands in my mouth but it come to be nothing. It felt as my inside of my mouth was on fire. You will be ok.. yes some days is better then others and some days you don't feel it at all.. my doctor decided to put me on a z pack to see if that would help and also Zantac for acid reflux, i feel better is not bothering me like before.. let's see yesterday i had a leg issue, today my both ears feel as i was on a plane ..I've been 2 times to the dr this week...the good thing he understands what I'm going through so he doesnt look at me as if im crazy..please let us know how the drs appt goes this week

Xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline. I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. My left ear and throat area has been bothering me for a while. Yes, i think some days are worse than others. Sometimes teeth and jaw also. I went to the dentist last week and i showed him a white spot on my tongue that has been coming and going (not thrush)...so he biopsied it!!!! Oh geez. Talk about hanging by a thread here. I'm a disaster. 2 weeks for results. I'm 45. I am calling to get an ent referral today and hopefully get some answers. No, you aren't going crazy. Since the bx. I have been so tense in my shoulders and neck idk if the pain is worse bc of tension or bc of somethi g really bad. I pray and i cry. Keep in touch and let me know how your Dr appts go((hugs))

• Posted

Hi maria. You are so fortunate to have an understanding doctor. Was the ear pain just in one ear? Did you have pain in your throat too? I went through 2 rounds of antibiotics. I thought it was starting to get a little better, but now im hyperfocused on it since the dentist appt.
    • Posted

Hi smile 

no the pain will start on my neck , shoulder, behind the ear and down the site of my throat.

I went to the ENT several times had an MRI done that was about 3 years ago, he couldn't find nothing wrong..but this continued off and on since then. 2 months ago i felt like something in my throat and couldn't swallow right..i was so scared back to another dr and she told me i needed a scan of my throat because she saw the left side of my throat inside was a bit swollen..

i left there and went to my old doctor that moved back in town. He looked in my throat and said that i had acid re flux problem and put me on antibiotics and Zanax for 2 weeks and felt great. 

i still get the neck and ear pain, but it's been over 3 years now..

Now i have to go have a mammogram done and i'm so scared..

good luck and don't worry is nothingsmile let me know how it goes.

xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi ,

Do you also wake feeling nacious, 

My ear pain is there some days are worst also sometimes I get a pain in my temple and it is always on the right side does yours stay on one side.

• Posted

Hi maria, 

So the pain that you have on your ear neck shoulder is it always on one side cause mine is always on my right side I also feel that the pain is there all the time but some days are worst then others also do you get sudden headache yesterday I had one .

• Posted

Maria, 

Do you get nacious in the morning and also when you get pain on your side does it also bother your temple, I feel that on the right side that I have this it's also my temple and I also get sudden headache but I feel that ever since I started perimenapause that's where it is focus ,cam that happen 

Do you feel like your sick especially in the morning 

• Posted

Hi!!

I get nauseous and light headed in the mornings, but always around my period.

Headaches gotten better but in the beginning it was horrible every other day or will come and last for days! Now I get it maybe twice a month but again out of nowhere i would feel good and there goes would come so fast!!

You are in the beginning of all this thats why you feeling this way as time passes the severity of the symptoms will decline. As far as the neck and ear you right its there all the time just some days is worst then others..today mine is bad...it feels like I'm having a shore throat on the left side and this burning sensation in my ear and neck. Mine is always on the left side..

Feel better😊

Xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Do you get pain on the back of your neck, mines will come and go ,today I feel that I have something stuck in my ear do you still get your period, I do I'm just tired of this maria I'm 51 and feel so different now I pray to God that this pass fast 

How long have you been on peri 

Do you live here in the usa.

• Posted

Thank you maria. And i hope all goes well with your mammogram. We have to try and stay positive. Sometimes it feels like i have something in my throat or its burning a little right between my throat and my ear..drinking really cold slushies makes it feel better. I can feel it go right past my ear. It's weird. Did you have any other symptoms of acid reflux? I would be super relieved if that's all it was! I will keep you all updated.((hugs))

• Posted

No nausea. My pain is about 90 percent left sided. Occasionally on the right.
    • Posted

I never had heart burn or anything, just the chocking feeling and also i will have this annoying cough trying to clear my throat constantly..My doctor when he looked at my throat he said i was full with fluids back there..

As far the ear issue thats  how mine feels, a weird burning between my throat and ear..i have it today and it annoys me..every time i mention something is getting better it comes backsmile

• Posted

i don't take anything other then vitamin D and multi vitamin. my doctor ask me to take fish oil because with all this my cholesterol is little elevated.

you know what helped me, stopping the caffeine and sugar. every time i will have a piece of chocolate i get so anxious is crazy!!

Also, i walk i try at least 4-5 a week.

someone told me that there is a doctor in Ft Lauderdale that specializes in Menopause. i have to go back and get the name of this doctor and send it to you. i will really love to go and see him..My gyno is in Boca Raton and he is not a fan of  HRT's ...

Do you sleep ok at night?

• Posted

Thank you Maria when you do get that doctor's name can you please let me know even if you want to call me though my phone number is my name is Jackie I really appreciate your help this form was really helpful for me is also as I speak to different women with different symptoms though but some days are worse than other days for me and you know I just I'm just going a little crazy

Moderator comment: I have removed the phone number as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

I was having a lot of drainage and kept trying to clear my throat. I cut out dairy and started juicing a little again and that has almost cleared up. But the pain and crackling when I swallow is still there. Ugh.
    • Posted

I was taking omaprazole which I really liked for my stomach issues but my doctor switched me to Zantac and it seems working better. Ask your doctor to try taking something for acid reflux see if that would help before going through all the scans and endless tests. ..does it happens with you? The more anxious you get worst the symptoms get? That happens with me and then anxiety kicks in and down hill from there😊

• Posted

Yep. It sure does. And right now I am hyperfocused on my throat, ears, jaw, tongue. When it was breast pain...My breasts would hurt worse when i was anxious about it
    • Posted

Hi do you have ear pain on one or both ears,

Sometimes I feel like my throat hurts but there's nothing and then it goes away 

• Posted

Most of the time its the left side throat and ear. Occasionally it will be on the right side.
    • Posted

Do you get headache with it ,

I feel that this is there every day 

Will this subside I also get fluctuating nacious and fatigue. 

Do you think it's because I started perimenapause 

• Posted

I know I'm the same way, it will be the symptom of the week and then will move to something else ...I'm so tired!!

My husband is tired listening of all this craziness...when you neck and ear hurt does your shoulder hurts also?

• Posted

Does your ear also hurts on the back 

This comes and goes then it goes to my tooth then it stops and it goes to my shoulders early today I had dizzy fatigue that stoped now I have a mild pain in the back right side of head all theses symptoms fluctuate 

Do you feel the same 

• Posted

Yes Jackie, exactly as you describe it. Its funny we been talking about this and after few months it came backsmile for me it goes down to my shoulder as well..its crazy! i took the zantac last night and it still bothers me but not as much as yesterday. i'm thinking maybe it is acid reflux...

i just thought of it, 25 years ago after i gave birth to my son 6 months later i start having the same thing and i remember had tests done worried that was a tumor behind my ear which by the way, are very common but the doctor came back and told me it was hormonal..so i'm thinking is just the hormones going crazy on ussmile 

it's been over 3 years dealing with this symptom, i'm getting used to it..i thought the same thing as you might be my tooth but nope nothing there.

private message me your number and when i get the doctors name i will text it to you.

try not to worrysmile

xxxxx

• Posted

Sometimes on that side just above the ear. Not all the time. I will have jaw pain and teeth pain too. I would doubt that it's bc of menopause

• Posted

Haven't noticed my shoulder hurting but my clavicle on that side will

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline!  I’m doing okay.  The ENT put the scope up nose and down throat.  It was irritated on one side and he said he thinks it’s from LPR. (Reflux). Gave me omeprazole and told me to take it and try not to think about it and see how I feel in two months.  Well I think it’s working.   How about you?
    • Posted

Those were prescribed by my family doctor. He said he liked them better then omaprazole..its been over 2 months since i took them and i dont have the clearing of the throat anymore or that chocking feeling.
    • Posted

That’s awesome.  I have decided not to take the omeprazole anymore.  Maybe Zantac will work for me too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.