Sick feeling

Posted , 6 users are following.

2 weeks ago I had hysterectomy with a giant fibroid removed (a whopping 10 inches) the pain is mostly gone but i have this feeling of right before you get sick with cold or flu. Tender, tired, ache-y. Is this common?  Its only been 2 weeks so maybe im being impatient. Incision area is very sore also.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

No I didn't have that after mine.. May be you have a slight infection or fever.

I d make an appointment with your gp just to be sure.

I'm 13 wks ahead now and didn't really suffer with anything.. I do take natural remedies to prevent so may I was lucky.

Do you have any other symptoms like when you go for wee etc?xx

• Posted

Hi,

I am 3 weeks post op after large mass removed from ovary. I am now in full hot flash mode along with mood swings galore and just constant feeling of being unwell. Can I ask you what natural remedies you are using?

Thanks!

• Posted

If you on me I can tell you. The forum won't allow us to mention products etc.

All I can say is it's all safe and bio identical.xx

• Posted

You got a long way to go hun yet.please get lots of rest.xx
  • Posted

I would def be checked out for an infection. Just to rule things out. Then you know that what you are dealing with is just your body healing from the trauma of surgery. I am 7wks in and on my 3rd course of antibiotics to get rid of an infection caused by the catheter......so please get checked out by a doctor. 

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi Del

I'm 5 weeks today and from my experience yes you are being impatient.  I was like that until 4 weeks then I noticed a definite improvement, I’m actually going out for the 1st time today.

I cannot stress enough the advice I had over forums and off friends who’ve had the same, REST!!!

If you need to sleep just do it, don’t feel guilty about doing nothing.

We are all different in the way we recover but REST is the one thing we all have in common and don’t lift anything.

Hope your feeling better soon and this helps.

Sarah xx

• Posted

Your surgery no matter route you have it is still major surgery whether it abdominal or vaginal..

Please rest hunxx

• Posted

Hello. 

I had my hysterectomy over a month ago and have a follow up post op exam the 8th. of May. Yes. I felt very ill into my 3rd. post op week. This is why you’re prescribed bed rest. This is considered major surgery. Was your surgery done vaginally? If it wasn’t, then it’s major surgery. I was the delinquent that decided to remove myself from bed rest the second week after surgery and ran into complications. In replying to your question, I can honestly say that I experienced the very same discomfort and my discomfort dissipated. Please reach out to your surgeon. I’m feeling much better now. It truly takes time to recover. 

Feel better.💕🤗🤗🤗💕

• Posted

Hello Del68970.

I entered my 6th post op week. 

I am still experiencing soreness from lower belly and slight soreness from incision area. Are you wearing support underwear? This helped me tremendously. I also felt major fatigue for about 3 weeks. You may want to double check with your physician. 

Take good care 🤗🤗🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.