Sick for long time, don't know what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I posted here about 2 years ago but I'm back again more desperate then ever. I've been having stomach problems for 4 years but this the lowest point I have gotten to. I can't eat without throwing up or feeling like it's stuck in my stomach, which then burns. I have chronic constipation which seems to be pretty messed up lately, it's either one way or the other. I am always nauseous, I have headaches which also creates dizziness sometimes, and I have pain in the middle of my stomach going into the right side, which also spreads to my back at times. I have had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, a ct scan, x-rays, blood tests, urine tests. All came back clear besides for some bowel problems which has been present since birth and has never made me real sick. The next test for me is an ultrasound because the gastroenterologist thinks I have a gallbladder issue, or at least an issue outside of the stomach. I have been too sick to go to school and graduation is on the linesad I just wanna know if anyone has had these problems or anything similar, I really want my old self back it's been too longsad 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, I gathered you are a teenager.  Diet is very important in maintaining a proper digestive system.  Possibly you may want to stop all food relating to be acidic, like fast food , sodas, fried food .  Eat more vegetables and fruits or alkaline based.  You got to do some homework on whats good for your stomach .  Metamucil will be a start to ease your bowels but the root cause need to be solved.  Trying typing Gerd or LPR on Facebook and join the group chat , there are many of us suffering from something like you and they may be able to give you some answers to heal your digestive system......look for diet books - Fast Track Diet by Norman Robillard and Acid Watcher Diet by Jonathan Aviv....these books helps me to control and manage whatever that is happening to my digestive system.

• Posted

hello I have the back pain but most of my irritation and burning is my upper chest area back of the throat down i go fof endoscopy next month
  • Posted

Have you had a gastric emptying study?  You eat some food that is laced with some mildly radioactive stuff so they can see the food in your stomach.  You lay in a CT scan machine for a while and they watch how long it takes for your stomach to do it's thing and empty.  Another test I would push for is a SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) breath test.  You can order it online yourself, methane dominant SIBO many times has nausea and constipation.  Good luck, you are far to young to feel this bad.

• Posted

Update: I had the ultrasound which showed multiple gallstones so now I have to go see a surgeon about getting them gone, thank you everyone for your help! 
  • Posted

Hi sweetheart, before you even got to Gall bladder, I could resonate with the symptoms your describing....I had my gall bladder removed in 2005 hopefully a scan could reveal stones, in the meantime a low fat diet would be helpfull, hope they sort you out soon sweetheart x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.