Sick from cellulitis! How long does it last?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I recently got a bug bite on my knee and it swelled so big I went to the ER and got antibiotics. About 4/5 days in. I started getting sick so I went back to see why and they had me stop taking it because I thought I was reacting to the medicine. It's been a few days since I stopped, but since then, my sickness got worse (extreme chills/uncontrollable shaking, sweats, fever, headache) and then has slightly been getting better. I woke up with a slight fever and tiredness again this morning and it's been about 5 days since I first started exhibiting symptoms. When I usually get colds, they go away in a day or two.... Does anyone know how long sickness from cellulitis lasts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've also just been taking Tylenol for the past few days which seems to get rid of all my symptoms except slight tiredness.... should I go to the doctor and get new antibiotics?

• Posted

rach you must see doc e/r asp i have had cellulitus 3/4 times now twice hospital stays so please go
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply! I actually went to the ER two times, once to get it diagnosed and once after i got sick to stop the antibiotics... i'm going to my regular doctor tomorrow though!

• Posted

rach  ii am not a doc   but the antibiotics do upset tummy and make you feel off   but did you have chills fever etc b4 you started your tabs    it could be antibs that started to make you better  those symtoms  need attention

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.