Sick from one year

Posted , 3 users are following.

I never even thought Lyme disease because I never noticed a bite but I do have this growth on my back that I noticed around when I got sick I thought it was a zit and I had a hormonal imbalance. But its not a zit its just a sometimes itchy dime size growth the middle is a faintly dark dot BUT no opening. Well anyways I started with flu symptoms of vomiting and nausea and gastro issues etc. Then it turned to muscle weakness and joint pain weight loss twitches internal vibrations fast heart rate low bp high bp floaters visual snow headaches pain burning hands and feet dizziness off balance weakness and just everything(I'm only 20, 19 when started) . my doctor things fibro but I use to hike all the time right before I randomly got sick. Is there even any point to get tested will it even matter since its now been a year since I went to the e.r. sick. Can I even test positive? I'm nervous to just get treated off symptoms if I can even receive help.. Any advice? I've been tested for everything I dont even have inflammation showing in my tests. Please help if u can!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

From my personal experience with Lyme Disease, you can test positive after a long time after being bitten and especially, if you are symptomatic. I have been battling this disease for ten years due to three bites at three different times and being reinfected, then due to the Lyme not being completely cured.

Being that you hiked a lot, it seems a good idea to get tested. Some doctors will administer antibiotic for two weeks even if the test is negative to see if it might be a false negative and if symptoms are alleviated. But each doctor is different. Hope you find the cause of you symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.