Sick of being sick ALL the time what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Till grade 6, I was pretty healthy and never got sick as often only like the cold. But from grade 7 (which was last year) I've been getting infections I never heard in my life one after another. It was bronchitis then tonsillitis then strep throat then severe diarrheal disease many more next to next no gaps. I've lost a lot of weight and I look really haggard and weak now. I'm 13 yrs old and for having my period for more than 3years it's not once a month and my period only last for 2-3 days and then come randomly. And my legs have bruises even though I don't play I an aggressive sport and on my arm there's a patch is is numb for so long. My whole functions in my body are being sick and idk what to do. I already go to the doctors like 2 times a week and I already experienced go to the ambulance last month. I just want to be normal that's all. And to actually get rid of the infection for me is to take antibiotics. But I'm a kid and Ive had so many doses, but that's the only thing that makes me better then the infections never go away. Hope someone can help me!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ma93352, Did they do blood tests while you were at the doctor's?Sounds rough, but maybe just be a vitamin deficiency. You need to know for sure though, so insist that your parents take you till you get an answer! Good luck, feel better kiddo! cheesygrin
  • Posted

sounds like you need to have alot of blood tests done before proceeding with any other tests........
  • Posted

I was a sick kid too when I was your age. I had constant ear infections, bronchitis,  pneumonia, tonsillitus,  holes in my eardrums, and was on an antibiotic much of the time.  I agree, blood tests are crucial. There are also many allergies out there that can exacerbate your issues so you want to rule those out. Even milk can cause ear infections in some cases. Had a doctor in my youth tested me for my allergies, I probably could have avoided many of my later health issues. Keep pushing for answers and keep us posted on how you're doing. 

Mary 

• Posted

Hi, I agree with the others. Please get thorough blood tests done. I'm surprised your gp hasn't done this already.

Take care and hope you get some answers soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.