Sick of medications!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on zoloft for anxiety, depression, OCD for about 7 years and I'm fed up! It does help but I sweat so bad all over and around my private parts. I cant go outside in summer because I get overheated and feel like I'm going to pass out. This is so embarrassing, which causes more anxiety and depression. I am also on a antipsychotic medication called respirdone for bipolar, it has side effects of feeling dead inside and overheated. I feel like I cant win, if I come off my medications, my husband told me we will get d

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Divorced. He cant live with me unless I'm on some medicine, I dont blame him, it just adds to my anxiety. I've tried almost all the medications in the category designed to help me and all of them cause horrible side effects. If anyone has any advice on a medication that might help me that would be greatly appreciated. I'm fighting for my life and theres got to be a better medication to help. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words.

• Posted

Have you had your thyroid checked maybe why your sweating so much? But also a side effect
    • Posted

Oh yea, I've had all bloodwork done and everything is normal. I've been on these medications so long and I've done alot of research and alot of people suffer with sweating as a side effect. Thankfully, through my research I have found medications that are prescribed because of the sweating side effect to antidepressants and I am trying out those medications. I hope they will help. I just wish there was a medication that someone else has tried that doesn't cause sweating, I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would ask. Thank you for your suggestion though, I had my thyroid and everything else checked and i am ok.

• Posted

Hm well at least your in good health. I take Klonopin 1 MG twice a day for the last 10 years, it has drastically improved my anxiety but the downside is I am reliant on a benzo. I was on celexa personally for 13 years then it stopped so now I’m on Zoloft also. I also take a beta blocker from A Fib and it helps a lot with anxiety.. when my celexa SSRI stopped working  They tried antipsychotics with me and I said hell with this. I have GAD, Depression, Pure O OCD and I never sweat it’s strange. Drink lots of fluids and maybe talk to your doctor about new approaches 
  • Posted

Hi Tina

I have the same problem with the sweating its builds up when I need to go out feeling that's they is no point the fear of people I've tried to explain but as a man thing difficult in feeling anything not much help from asti at the hospital the doctors are the same with only ten minutes appointment in a mouth time available with the bullshit you get no one talks to each other in getting you help the law's they to perfect you if you got money to pay it could be your blood pressure maybe good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.