Sick of mono

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone...

I have always been healty, i do sports.. and then i got sick..

First was sinusitis for me. It was hard to treat it, i had to drink antibiotics. Penicillin. Sinusitis was treated but little fever was after it. I have little fever all the time. 98.96 often. I have made all tests. CT, blood tests, hiv tests, cmv tests..i have been to imunology doctor.. to everyone... my blood test showed that i have had epstein barr. Now they founf staphylococcus aureus and mycoplasma pneumoniae so i drink antibiotics again. Now i drink other antibiotics not penicillin. Antibiotics doesnt help. i feel sick! Sore throat, headaches, pain under eyes where are sinuses.. fever.. dizzy head.. fatigue.. what can i do? I will be very happy for some ideas smile I feel very depressive now...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Markus,

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell, Mono / glandular fever is nasty virus but you will get over it and recover. You need to give yourself plenty of rest at this time, and I would recommend taking a good multi-vitamin and also B-complex vitamin, Siberian Ginseng, Vitamin C and Co-Enzyme Q10 - hopefully they can help boost your immune system and energy levels to deal with this. The antibiotics I'm guessing are for the other infection found as unfortunately mono won't respond to antibiotics because it's a virus - but hopefully they can help your bacterial infection and that can go on the road to helping you recover.

It is very hard to get through mono I understand Markus, you will get there though, for some people they just need a number of weeks and sometimes months for their body to feel back to itself again, but you most definitely will recover and feel fit and healthy and get back to sports again - before I had mono I did sports and thought I would never get back again because it lingered and I never thought my body would be strong enough - but it does recover in time, so hard to go through it and be patient when feeling that way I know but you will get there - hang in there and try not to worry - get plenty of rest and do things that help you relax and de-stress - enjoy watching tv shows or seeing friends, family, etc - but don't overdo it too!

Thinking of you and you will get better, I believe that!

Craig

• Posted

Hello Craig!

Thanks for support!

Yes, i know, i drink antibiotics not for mono but for micyoplasma pneumoniae. 

I made blood test on Epstein Barr and it is showed that i dont have Epstein now but i had it. Can i have mono if i dont have Epstein now?

And yes, now i drink Imunosil( it is Spirulina and echinacea and pinus sylvestris combination), i drink vitamin C, vitamin C i have to put in water( very sweet), and i drink Vitiron active suscaps with vitamin c, vitamin E.. and a lot of thinks more) I drink much water too. How long time i have to be with this mono? It is 4 month...

• Posted

HI Markus,

That's good to hear you are taking some good vitamins, they will help and certainly at the least do no harm, your immune system really needs that boost at this time. Water is good too, you're doing all the right things!

I am no expert in blood tests or anything so please do seek the advice of your doctor in the first instance, but from my own experience I was the same quite often at the start of the virus when you first feel unwell the blood test shows up positive for Epstein Barr, showing you have mono, but a few months later you can most definitely still have the symptoms and be not feeling good but your blood tests show you don't have Epstein Barr as positive now and just have had it. It is perfectly normal I believe and I had the same thing. It is very normal to still be feeling unwell with glandular fever after this time 4 months on, it is still the same illness even though the blood test shows recovery now, it is different for everyone the length of time it takes to recovery but rest assured you will recover, for some it can be quicker than others. I would say for me it took 8 or 9 months to start to feel like myself again but things gradually got better in that period and the first 4 months is the worst by far - you have weathered the worst and some recover quicker so don't feel disheartened, it's just different from everyone but important thing to know is that this is normal for this stage of recovery and that you most definitely will make a full and complete recovery - it's easy to doubt that when going through it but you really will Markus, hang in there and get plenty of rest. Hard to be patient I know but once you've got past this period you will feel well again and things will improve, it feels like it never will when going through it, I felt exactly the same but it does and you will recover, just so frustrating that it seems to take this time for many to start to feel better.

Hang in there and thinking of you - message any time and try not to worry, because you will get over this - I feel totally sure of that!

Take care and try to avoid any stress - be kind to yourself

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.