Sick of the burning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi does anyone take pain killers for the pain and burning of reflux? can anyone recommend something that works. I know I can't take ibuprofen as it makes things even worse but I'm so Sick of it every day I feel I need to take something for the stomach burning. any help please?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i take Tylenol i can’t take ibuprofen either but Tylenol does take the edge off

• Posted

I am afraid to take anything in the fear it makes it worse. It's terrible. Do you have burning in your stomach a lot?

• Posted

lots of burning in stomack and between shoulder blades

• Posted

i have gastritis and have these symptoms and if i take anti inflammatories my pain becomes so severe so i only take tylenol for the pain

• Posted

Esophageal Valvuloplasty by Dr Farid Gharagozloo. Long term safe solution.

• Posted

Are you taking any ppis? I take esomeprazole and if it gets really bad I take double dose. You can also rake ranitidine and gav1sc0n at the same time. Gav1sc0n tablets are quite quick to work.

But there maybe something that you are eating or drinking that you could be intolerant to. keep a food diary to see if you get the pain after certain foods or drinks. Like milk, gluten, caffeine or sugar.

• Posted

Yes my Dr. doubled the dose of emeprazole last week to 80mg a day. I have to come off ranitidine as he said it has been pulled by drug companies I also take gaviscon 5or 6 times a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.