Sick of the constant nervous feeling!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im sick of feeling nervous all the time, I wish I could wake up and get on with my day, I spend so much time thinking about why I do the things that I do! Ive got work in an hour and a half and I feel nervous, I went out yesterday for a drink with my friend and I started to feel all panicky so I went home and felt  alot better, I dont think the drinking scene is for me anymore but I used to love it, it just doesnt phase me anymore. Does anyone know how to get rid of the nervous feeling? I've tried some breathing techniques, just a sicky feeling too.. Its horrible. Its so unfair sad I was thinking about quitting smoking and see if that makes me feel better as Im desperate to just get rid of this anxiety. It went away for about 4-5 weeks and then shot back again. Its awful sad does anyone have any advice? I want to be able to walk places, and do things without having a second thought about it. Im constaintly depending on my boyfriend I cant even stay at home with my mom anymore, I feel more relaxed with my boyfriend at his house but I cant stay here forever. Can anyone help?x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie,

Sometimes you just have to press through your nervousness and not expect too much overnight. I think of managing it instead of making it go away. Try to focus on whatever is happening around you more than focusing on the anxiety. Pray, breathe, be thankful for even the smallest thing that is good in your life..an attitude of gratitude for every blessing no matter how small.

Hugs..relax.xo

• Posted

Hi Katie,

I went through a very similar phase in my life, about fifteen years ago. Nothing would get me out of bed, I couldn' face people and got scared when I went anywhere by tube (the subway.)

I thought it would never stop. My sisters both tried to take me out to supposedly enjoyable places but I either didn't go, or started off and then came back home before we'd even got there. I couldn't eat - except rubbish food. My sisters took me out for lunch and I sat and watched them eating - I only ordered a glass of water.

Gradually, people who had been my friends stopped coming round. I felt so alone, and nervous all day long. I slept badly and tried suicide once.

I really do sympathise with you, because once depressiona and anxiety take hold, it's hard to shift them - but not impossible. Go and see your doctor and explain how you're feeling. You will probably be started on anti-depressants, but they take up to six weeks to kick in, and everyone feels worse for the first ten days or so - but it's worth persevering. Everyone is different, so if a particular anti-depressant doesn't work for you, there are several others that your GP can give you.

Asl for a referral for therapy,but the NHS waitint time is some months. If you can afford it, go privately. This illness is horrible but you will gradually get better. Keep us posted about how you're feeling. Love Tess,

• Posted

Thanks for your response. Im so sorry to hear what you went through.. I have been on anti depressants once for 4 weeks it was sertraline but I didnt eat for 2 weeks and became ill so doctor took me off them, now im too scared to try them again. 

I just want to be able to go work and not worry about anything, the constant butterflies filled with adrenline is horrible. I feel so co dependant on other people sometimes, its horrid. If I carry on like this I'll be willing to take any crap from anyone. I know I have to work, I'm only 19 and I'm young but I need to work because If I dont i'll be scared to fall into a rut of not doing anything. and Yeah I am considering going private though It can be expensive, NHS waiting lists are very long! What do you do if you start to feel nervous in a place you cant get home? such as work etc?

• Posted

I know exactly what you're going through.

But do remember I got better and have been well for 17 years now.

If you didn't get on with sertraline, don't think that they're the only anti-depressants available. Mirtazapine is one that I've noticed quite of people getting good results from, and it doesn't act on your brain in the way sertraline does.

Do you feel able to gather up the energy to go back to the GP? Or does your practice have phone consultations - then at least you won't have to go out.

I do believe strongly that you should try a different medication. If your GP emails prescriptions to your chemist then you'll just have to persuade aomeone to collect the medicine, or go yourself.

I was actually signed off work with this, and hospitalised for a while.

It took three years for me to feel better again, and I've been perfectly all right since then.

Wishing you well, love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.