Sick of these symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I've had reflux for past two years and was wondering if anyone else has had really bad daily symptoms like chest pain, burning, rib pain, pain between shoulder blades etc,. and still had a clear endoscopy? I've been having so much pain I'm terrified of having endoscopy, fearful of the worst, my last endoscopy was done in 2016 and showed hernia and inflammation, I'm on omeprazole since but little relief, and ace would be appreciated

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes that's what I have, I have medication but it doesn't help at all. I had an endoscopy done March 13th and two biopsies were done but I haven't had the results back yet. My rib pain got so bad I went for physiotherapy and it helped. If you can get an endoscopy done at least you might get some answers.

• Posted

Thanks Debbie for your reply, it's awful every day, what strength medication are you taking

• Posted

Hi Kate, 

I have the same symptoms and had a clear endoscopy. It’s mad. Whatever I eat as the day draws on I get awful symptoms. I’ve completely changed my diet and am on Omeprazole as well. In fact, my symptoms have got worse on Omeprazole. I have even developed over sensitivity to smells which causes more pain! There’s another thread on here where a guy called Jonathon cured his acid reflux - have a look 

• Posted

Hi Jane

Thanks for your reply

It's great to hear you can have a clear endoscopy even after suffering these awful symptoms, gives us all hope, I think all ppi make us feel worse, have you any idea what Jonathan did to cure his reflux, can't find the tread, I'd love to come off this omeprazole, I'm two years taking it and very scared of what I'll end up with, don't exactly have youth on my side, Tks again

• Posted

Hi Kate,  I found myself fighting panic tonight due to pain between shoulder blades and chest which felt worse when i took a deep breath. This happens every so often but the worry that its connected to my heart scares me even though ecg comes back normal. I also get burning in stomach.  I had an endoscopy in 2015 and they found a small hiatus hernia and small patch of inflammation. I was given omeprazole which i stopped after getting visual problems.  I am trying to control acid with Ranitadine 75mg morning and Gaviscon at night.  I recently had been taking 150mg morning and evening but after 2 weeks felt unwell. Extreme sudden tiredness, slightly short of breath and dry mouth with thirst.  I am going for another endoscope next week in the hope that it shows whats causing the upper back pains. I dont want to be on tablets that cause other health problems but am desperate to feel normal again. When my symptoms get really bad i become convinced that i have something worse that doctors are missing.
    • Posted

Hi Frances

Tks for your reply, you have described me to a t, exactly same pains and fears because the pain is every day, last June I was sent for a 24hr manometry test and had to come off ppi for 12 days prior to test, that's the only time I have felt well since all this started two years, it's a horrible disease, will you let me know the result of your endoscopy next week, I hope its all good for you, best of luck

• Posted

I am having those same pains. Out of no where my back,shoulder,spine and stomach start hurting and burning. I don't have a appetite I just make myself eat something I'm always sleep. I haven't been able to go to work and my anxiety have made me believe I got cancer I had a scope it only showed gastroprisis stomach problems. I just ask to be taking off omperazole it doesn't help it get stuck more than food. I want my life back how do I get it I'm so tired of being sick . waiting on h pylori test results to get back now. I know we all going through something but we got to try to help each other.

• Posted

Yes we do need to try help each other, if ye have hpolory then antibiotics will clear it and maybe your symptoms will go, how long are you feeling bad, what strength ppi are you taking
    • Posted

40 mg right now but I got a lot of short of breath and that ball stuck in my throat. I just want a solution to this problem.
    • Posted

I been feeling bad for 2 months had a few good days.
  • Posted

also waiting on endoscopy appointment and um absolutely petrified... not of the test but what they might find... can't help but think the worst... altho i have other symptons to you.. i dont often get psin but ivr had what feels like something stuck in my throat for 4 weeks straight and not easing up.... im on 2 × 30mg lansoprazole its not touching it... i also belch an awful lot literally as soon as i swallow anything... ive had symptoms on and off for 3 years.... i had a whole 5 months of no symptoms and wasnt even taking medication felt great... then 4 weeks ago its come back.. i dont know if you xan have flare ups or not i font know... desperately need andwers but petrified of what the answers will be

• Posted

Hi Natalie

Don't be frightened, you say you get flare ups, this is not as bad as daily symptoms, you are getting a chance to heal in between, jowett long are you on omeprazole, they don't work for me, spent 3 months off them last year because if manometry testing, it was the best I reinforced two years, wish I had stayed off them but was scared of silent reflux damage, will you let me know the result of your endoscopy, best of luck with it

• Posted

im guessing its a flare up im unsure i just had a good 5 months eitbout a symptom now its back and doesnt seem to be shifting.. its constant from the minutr i open my eyes till i go sleep again and uts been like tgis for a good 4 or 5 weeks now.. omeprazole never worked for me at all doctor put me on lansoprazole about 2 years ago i now take 2 a day and its not helping at all... i also take gaviscon through out the day.. i just hate these symptoms they are a drain and a worry.. this will be my first endoscopy i dont know what took the doctors so long i hate that they just 'guess' what the issye is... ill be glad to get answers i just hope not the ones i fear.. when is your endoscopy?

• Posted

I had an endoscopy in 2016 when I had virtually no symptoms, I've been beginning doctors to get me another one since Xmas, but no one is listening, I've been feeling so bad I feel I really need someone to take a look, maybe if I could get a bit of reassurance I would start to feel better, looking like I will have to go privately and pay a lot if money for it, I'm same as you dreaded hat might show up, please let me know how you get on

• Posted

Are you in the U.K. If you are tell your doctor yore loosing weight they have to send you for endoscopy in waiting for results of mine my doctor sent me because I'm loosing weight it's the 3rd Ons I've had 

• Posted

Hi Kate. Did you go to the doctor? What did he tell you
    • Posted

Hi Ashley

Yes I did, the doctor changed my ppi, not making much difference, she has reqyan endoscopy but as it NHS it could take months, how are doing

• Posted

My reflux symtoms are almost gone now but my misery remains. PPIs have probably given me vitamin deficiencies. Also after I tried a different sleeping position, I may have got a pinched nerve at the base of the skull which are causing continuous nerve pains. Also pins and needles all over my body. I have started to take PPI every other day now with the hope of getting off them permanently so I can feel normal again.
    • Posted

The pins and needles feeling you have do your body get hot with them too? Mine be hot all over they say its anxiety but I don't know.. I just know I'm tired of feeling bad and nobody knows why. I can't eat unless I make myself I have also given myself real bad anxiety always thinking something bad is wrong with me.

• Posted

I don't get hot, just the pain feeling. All I can say is if PPIs don't provide relief stop using them because they produce a lot of side effects which I'm battling with right now. If you're tested positive for H pylori, take regular multiple strain probiotics.

• Posted

Thanks Ashley!! I hope I soon get some relief from all this stuff. I pray you get some relief as well. I have seen we can go on a bland diet for a while til we heal and it might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.