Sick pay from work runs out....to I'll to work

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there, I'm at a complete loss after speaking to my rheumatologist and gp. I've been off for a long time now and my sick pay runs out soon. I said to my go what are the next steps because I'm housebound a lot of the time and in severe pain through my diagnosis of fibromyalgia and m/e...and now I don't know financially what to do or what or even if I can claim any benefit....someone please help......

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to here this have not applied for pip . I've just been acepted for pip I didn't think I would be entitled but was shocked when I got the letter through I'd put a claim in if I was you and see . Hope all turns out for the best x
  • Posted

Thankyou, what details do they need when you apply for pip. I hope everything works out for you. 
    • Posted

There send you a form which I won't say is short it's a rather long form . All you need to do is send proff of your dignoses any documents you have from apptment you've been send to them . Your probley be asked to go for an assement like I did they asked every one now to go . Just remember when you fill the for or in the assement you think of the worse case like your really bad days . I know we don't get many good days but this will help as you have to 0ut the most negative things down to get any were now we shouldn't have to prove what we've got but the system is like that now . .anyone help you need I'm here x
  • Posted

Hi, when your work sick pay runs out you should automatically go on to Statutory sick pay. If you work less than 16 hours a week you can claim ESA. If you google benefits, the gov.uk one will come up and you will be able to see what else you are eligible for. And I agree, def claim PIP, I get it too. Good luck. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.