Sick the day before colonoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I woke around 5am vomiting and diarrhoea. I am due to take my first drink for my colonoscopy at 5pm I'm just scared that I won't be able to keep it down my mum said not to bother telling them that I've been poorly but I don't know how this is going to affect my situation.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Holly sad

I think you need to call the hospital and seek their advice in this situation. If you are feeling better and able to keep down the prep they may decide to go ahead, but definitely best to check with them first!

Feel better soon

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Sophie. I am feeling a little better this morning I am going to ring them after work to make sure it's ok to go ahead, I've been waiting ages for this appointment so hope they don't cancel!! sad

• Posted

Oh gosh, good luck to you. I'd let them know, but since you went to work, perhaps you can do this. But I'd tell them how your feeling when U call.

• Posted

Hi Holly, you need to call them and let the hospital know. This might even work to your advantage. If you don't eat today, and the sickness cleared you completely out, you may not have to take the prep. Best of luck.

• Posted

If you've got gastro-enteritis I would reschedule and not take the prep.

• Posted

I'm not sure why I was sick I went out for tea and I'm not sure whether I ate too much or whether I caught a bug off my partner. I went through with the prep anyway and had the procedure done earlier today wasn't too bad and managed to drink all the prep ok and keep it down.

• Posted

Well

Hopefully the results will give you some answers. Gotta say, 'good for you.' I would've talked myself out of it after your vomiting episode. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.