Sick & tired of being sick & tired

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had mono last yr. It took months to feel better. Then had a Reoccurrence almost one yr later. My Dr was even Surprised & keeps telling me to get lots of rest & give it time. Ive been off work 2 months this time. I have no energy, body aches, & foggy brain. I am 58 & its taken me down. I almost dread waking up to another day having to live this way.

Has anyone gone through the same & how did you deal with your issues?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi teri i wanted to reach out to let you know that i havent been at the one year mark yet but i know exactly how you feel, my symptoms started in august last year and went away for a couple months only to come back far far worse in january im 25 and ive been to ER several occasions, this virus is horrible and sometimes when you think youre all better it sneaks back up on you, i havent had fever in months but alot of other symptoms yet here i am today battling a fever, all you can do is drink plenty fluids, rest make sure you have a nice book or a good person to keep you company because the virus has a way of isolating us, you will get better and im rooting for you

kind regards,

jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.