sick to death

Posted , 6 users are following.

i'm sick to death and angry at what these doctors are doing forcing people to come off diazepam and nitrazepam or any any other benzo's that we have been taking for years,its are choise if we want to stay on them,i can understand if some one is very young but when people have been on them years the withdrawls are terrible and unbearable.i think some doctors enjoy doing this,its like being threated all the time now never knowing what there going to do next its cruel.ive heard that some people are turning to other drugs that are very harmful and some dont want to live at all thay cant stand it and i'm feeling the same way things were bad enough before now there 100 times worse and i know it is for alot of people i'm 62 now and been on them years so at my age whats the point of trying to come off them it takes years,my heart goes out to all the people who are suffering as i am too.and to make it worse its completely unnecessary.carol 

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I so agree ..I've been on valium for 44 years ..I'd rather die than go through withdrawal again 
  • Posted

Government guidelines say people should be encouraged to come off them BUT not FORCED 
  • Posted

Your posting is the most comforting and sensible one here.   Doctors put us on these drugs and I have been on Nitrazepam for over 40 years.  I am nearly 80 now and to my mind they have seen me through all the years and in no way harmed me.  In an ideal world it would be great to be drug free but our situation is not of our making.  After a few months on them at the beginning I told my doctor that I would like to come off them as the stressful period I had been through was over.  I tried to stop so just asked for a little  help but was told they were definitely NOT addictive as I proclaimed.  In fact was told just to take them for the rest of my life and how silly I was to think they would give out drugs that were addictive.  Famous last words.  I hope all of you know that it would be absolutely crazy to try to get people off these now.  I hope that all of the doctors and mine is one of them will follow Goverment guidelines and take on the NOT FORCED policy.  Good luck
  • Posted

I am 50, the doctor took me off lorazazepam and I had been on it for 17 years. I am going through hell still even after a month and can't even work. I agree with you and know what you're going through. I am doing a lot of praying and starting to feel better . It will take time .
  • Posted

Yes Carol, the pharmaceutical companies have a lot to answer for. Hailed as the wonder drug with no side effects. I first took them in the early seventies for about a year then stopped as my situation had changed. Wallop, spasms, convulsions, and all ther horrid stuff. I was only 20 and thought I was going mad. I realised what was happening and weaned myself off over some time. Never touched them again until recently. I took them for 8 weeks as I had some trauma, and only small dose but still have withdrawals but not so bad. The doctors now say on the packet. To be taken only when needed and up to 3 per day. Doctors in the 60's and 70's believed the drug companies and what they said. However, by the late 70's they knew they were addictive. I think the general public are just here to be experimented on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.