Sickness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy nearly 25 years ago and have only just started the menopause.  The biggest problem is the sickness.  I wake up in the night and throw up two or three times and this is now happening two or three times a week.  I need advice as I take medication at night so isn't doing it's job for the next day.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn, excuse my ignorance here, but doesn't a women go through menopause immediately after the hysterectomy? I actually sleep well, but you will find the answer here, and progesterone helps if you are willing to resort to hrt. I'm lucky in some ways, but not in other ways as I'm In Peri. I was the kid my parents couldn't wake up for school.... Lol

• Posted

Hi, Colleen,  I also had a hysterectomy and went through menopause about 20 years later.  That can happen if women decide to keep their ovaries.  If they have their ovaries removed during the hysterectomy, they usually go into a quicker menopause.  By keeping one's ovaries functioning for longer, women can go through menopause  later on.   If you can sleep well, Colleen, you are truly blessed.   :-)

Carol

• Posted

Its early here and just read you throw up! Ughhhh so sorry! See your doctor asap
  • Posted

Hi lynn

Are you on hrt now? If you are, maybe they need to change the dosage, or switch to another type. If not you should consider taking it. Vomiting is right up there with anxiety and panic attacks, The Worst of symptoms.

I hope you get bettet fast.

• Posted

Do you have acid reflux

I was doing this also

Got on Nexium fir awhile

It stopped

Ask your Dr about this, shoukd shed some light

Good luck

• Posted

Hi, Lynn.  I didn't have throwing up, but have a friend who did.  I think it would be a good idea to mention it to your doctor.  Maybe there's something that can help.  

Menopause is quite a journey. Not for the faint-hearted, that's for sure. Hope you can get some relief.

Carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.