Sickness and bowel problems for over 2 years now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm just looking for some advice or anyone who's been in the same position as me On how to get through this as I am slowly loosing hope into ever getting any answers! Over 2 years ago I started with a really bad bout of sickness that just doesn't stop for over 12/13 hours (I have numerous anti sickness tablets and a injection ) but the tablets don't stay down when I'm being sick and the injection only works when my sickness isn't constant.. some days are better than others and I'll only be sick like every couple of hours but there's more bad than good where for hours constantly it just doesn't stop and it's just pure bile and the taste doesn't help at all! I take 300mg ranitidine a day and 20mg omeprozole but they only help to a certain extent.. I am under gastroenterology but nothing has been done only a camera down my throats which has shown inflammatory which it's bound to the amount of times and eves I'm doing during sickness!! As for my bowel one day I'm constipated and the next it's like Mucas jelly (disgusting I know) but it really itches and stings my bottom.. I'm still waiting to hear back from gastroenterology as the last letter I received was for a follow up appointment over 6months ago.. again I've been up all night being sick my broad keeps like I've swallowed glass and all my insides are burning any suggestions will be highly appreciated!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can I just add the follow up appointment letter was to state they'll send a follow up appointment in due course (still heard nothing)

• Posted

Maybe something you are eating is disagreeing with you.  Have you tried a food diary? It is also possible that you are reacting to the anti sickness meds too. You could ask for a stomach emptying test to see if you have gastroparesis.
  • Posted

Hi tamara61018

Going by the burning sensation in your insides maybe you need to be tested for HPylori..a stomach bacteria which causes alot of acid in your gut and make you sick...get tested for HPylori this is done via stool test, breath test or endoscopy and blood test which is not alwsys reliable for HPylori....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.