Sickness and Diarrhoea, help please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've woken up this morning with a really bad stomach. I won't go in to the horrible details, but I've needed to go to the bathroom once every fourty minutes or so. I'm also vomiting once every fourty minutes.

I'm noticing when I've been to the toilet and been sick, I do feel a little better, however my stomach has a constant feeling on un-rest, there is no pain. It just feels like something is uncomfortable.  neutral

I've taken two Sainsbury's Anti-Diarrhoea capsules, and I'm trying to keep drinking water. I've also put some warm clothing on as I feel quite chilly.

As I say, I feel better after been sick or going to the toilet, but for the period after that, my stomach feels un-easy. When I've been sick, it's mainly been mucus stuff and flem rather than food. (Sorry for the infortmation)

I was just wondering if anyone know's what I can do to get quickly rid of this? I'm thinking about trying to have a plain slice of toast to line my stomach since I haven't eatne breakfast yet, is that a good idea?

Thanks so much for your help!

Kind regards,

Cammy.  redface

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Cammy9483

Hi

It sounds as if you have a virus in the form of a stomach virus causing sickness and diahorrea.

You should drink plenty to water to wash out the virus. Also have warm drinks of tea. Foodwise eat bland food that wont upset your tum further such as poached egg, poached fish, toast with a little spread and some plain yogurt that has hood bacterial cultures with some honey...Don't eat too much just little bits until your tum can cope with it......best wishes for a speedy recovery....

• Posted

Hi Lilian,

Thanks so much for you're reply.  cheesygrin

I've just woken up from an hour and a half sleep, and in that time, I haven't been sick or used the bathroom so that's good. I noticed that when I got out of bed, I felt like fainting and very weak. I've taken another Anti-Diarrhoea tablet and got some more water. I'm going to give it another half an hour or so and try some of the foods that you suggested.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Cammy.

• Posted

Hi Cammy

I wouldn't recommend taking anti diahorrea

tabs let the virus come out..that's your tums way of getting rid of the germ....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Cammy

Forgot to say just keep on taking in fluids because of dehydration.....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Lilian,

Thanks ever so much for all of you're help!

I haven't been sick now for almost a day and a half, and I'm able to eat solid food once more  cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Cammy9483

So glad your feeling much better..more than happy to help.....have a lovely day and enjoy feeling yourself again 😊😃...my very best wishes to you....x

• Posted

Hi Lilian,

Thank you very much! Despite getting over from sickness and diarrohea, I've still got an uncomfortable stomach ache. It's not incredibly painful, but more like a constant ache that is annoying. When I stand straight and breathe out fully, it can feel my stomach been a little sore. I've got no more headaches and I'm eating solidily again. It also feels as if I've got a little wind. I'm not sure if it's a virus in my stomach causing this.  sad

Thanks very much for you're help,

Best wishes,

Cammy.  x

• Posted

Hi Cammy9483

Your stomach has gone through a lot of trauma so it will prob take another week or so for it to get back to normal. Just carry on getting back to normal and you will soon be back to yourself. When you were sick you probably strained a few stomach muscles..........best wishes for a complete recovery.....😊😃

• Posted

Hi lilian05079,

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, I guess you're right! I'm eating fully again now which is great  cool  I'm still experiencing constant daily stomach aches though..  rolleyes  I've noticed my lower chest and areas around my upper ribs feel like they have been really badly bruised. I've also got quite a lot of wind and feel bloated as well, it's crazy  eek  Do you know anything that I can try? Or, is it better to just keep on resting?

Thanks a bunch for your help,

Best wishes,

Cammy.

• Posted

Hi Cammy9483

I suggest you continue eating a bland diet for a week or so and give your tum a chance to recover it has gone through a lot of trauma. Pain in ribs and chest probably due to wretching and being sick. Just relax and chill. There used to be a convalescent period after an illness many moons ago they don't seem to do that nowadays. So just have a convalescent period for a week or so until your symptoms subside. I would not take any medication. If after a few weeks you still have rib pain and chest pain also bloating and wind, go see your GP. Keep drinking plenty of fluid to wash out any germs that may remain......glad your feeling much better......best wishes.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.