Sickness and nausea with UC anyone else suffering?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Another thing to ask as I am trying to find out who has what with UC and who doesn't as it helps to talk to others.

Anyone had any problems with horrible feeling sick before eating or after eating? Or and this is the even sillier part feeling hungry and sick at the same time?

It is a vicious circle eat, feel sick, can't eat, still feel sick. It lasts around 2 hours or sometimes half the day and it is one of the many symptoms this annoying thing does.

Anyone else have this problem?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yeah I had that for several weeks...just getting over it at weekend past. It's horrible as u force urself to eat in case too much weight loss. Have u tried ranitidine same as Zantac but cheaper from larger grocery stores or chemists. It can b helpful. MJ
  • Posted

Omg yes...i been goin throught this same thing for a month now...nothing i do makes it easier....i thought i was the only one....somebody please help us....very miserable an depressing... i already lost over 15 lbs....im considered underweight
  • Posted

Hi mzmcgee

Thanks for posting this.

I am so sorry you feel so yuk.I know exactly what this is like and have suffered in total 4 years with this thing, it happened without any meds and even on meds nothing shifts it much at all.

I feel as sick as a dog this morning again cannot eat anything at present. Mostly it is in the morning, I will sometimes have the evening sickness before or after eating. Have got meds (got anti sickness tabs), they are very hit and miss.

You are right it is not nice to have and it is not helping my weight either (underweight too), as I don't relish the thought of food at all. Very fed up with it. Only thing thing I have found that helps a little in relieving it for an hour is ginger tea (not everyone's taste) and maxijul dissolved in water.

Anyone with any other suggestions/comments?

• Posted

Yea i been drinking the equate nutritional shakes (vanilla) much of tha day...one bottle takes me a hour or so...but its about the only thing i can get down... after drinking two of them i sometimes get the urge to eat something by evening... maybe it may help u some.....it keeps me from losing more weigh.....
  • Posted

Hi mzmcgee

Thanks for the info. Will try and find this vanilla shake, they sound yummy. How are you getting on? Another off day for me today, really sick.

Found maxijul helped and Frusubin calshots, have you tried those? They help if I can't eat much and I can sip those over a few hours and they taste quite nice.

• Posted

No i never heard of either of them.. im gone have to look those up.... i got the shakes from walmart (their brand) for $5.97...if u get tha plus shakes their $2.00 more.. but Sams sells a 24 pack for $19.95.
  • Posted

I have this problem! Sometimes I cannot differentiate between if I am hungry or feel queezy. I find having a small snack such as a cracker or a biscuit and a drink helps it settle a little.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.