Sicky feeling with acid reflux!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I suffers its terrible acid reflux. I take Lansoprazole as my medication. Which just isn't doing its job just lately? For the last 2 weeks now from when I wake I feel sick, the food I eat doesn't come back up,thank god!. I watch what I eat having this condition. Sleep propped up slim and not overweight. Why am I suffering with this constant feeling off sickness? Does anyone suffer like this to. Wind is terrible both ends my chest to feels tight sometimes I had an appoitment at the doctors surgery today and the doctor seemed baffled as to what it could be? She seemed reluctant at dioganising anything, like I said my medication is Lansoprazole she prescribed me with Lansoprazole Orodisperisibletablet!!!!and to see her again in a week!.may I ask if anyone else takes this maediation? Will the sickness get taken away? I bloody hope so. Any advic please!!.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have acid reflux myself and the other day i was having it really bad to where i had to drink milk to take it away. I also take pepcid 20mg twice a day before a meal 

My chest was really hurting the other day due to acid reflux. 

Plus i have sleep apnea and that does not help either

• Posted

Hi Michelle, yes im feeling sicky at the moment, havnt been disagnosed with Acid Reflux been to drs 3 times first time was given Omeprozole which after 3 weeks didnt seem to be making a difference got an appt ENT in october.  I have this weird sicky feeling in my throat which makes me swallow all the time had sensation in my chest also, I burp alot and feel bloated.   Get quite dizzy at times too.  Like you just want to feel normal again.....whatever normal is.  Hang on in there, hope your medication helps.
  • Posted

I too have been suffering for a couple of years with this. I choose not to take the meds, long term they can affect your bones as they reduce bone mass and they did not work for me and actually made the sympons worse about 20 hours after taking.

Things I have noticed, my symptons are worse in the second half of my cycle, I think due to the drop in ostrogen.

Try to avoid foods which create wind, experiement, look at the FODMAP diet for things to avoid but generally pulses, breads, onions, garlic.

Try to eat several small meals rather than 3 main meals.

Try the moorning bicarb test to see if your problem is really low acid and not high.

Reduce stress.

Get and Endoscopy to rule out any major problems.

I hope the fact that there are lots of us suffering eases your worry. I think our digestive systems just don't work as well as we age and we need to do anything we can to support them/take the strain off them.

• Posted

Hi hun,

yes have had similar and believe it is another dreaded symptom of the menopause I'm afraid eek

Drink lots of water (I like the fizzy type in bottles)

try to avoid alcohol twisted it makes everything worse at meno time...............

Mrs M wink

• Posted

Ask for a test for Helicobacter Pylori.  Treatment is 3 different types of antibiotics at once.  Then use kefir - you might have to make your own.  Buy 'seeds' from health store.  Instructions come with it.  Very simple.  Very effective to replace your absolutely probiotics.

If test is negative (and an endoscope can identify too), use kefir anyway but not till you are tested as it suppresses it and you will get a neg result even if positive.

• Posted

Hi sheryl. Could you explain to me what this Helicobacter Pylori test is why is this taken I'm assuming to do with acid reflux? The medication has kind of helped!!! Not feeling so sick today!!!!!. Thanks for the advice on other treatments. She (doctor) wants to see me again soon and take one step at a time seeing if there is any improvement then taking the next step if not?!!........ So just have to sit and wait now............thanks anyway.
    • Posted

The test usually consists of fasting, so have it done before breakfast, taking a couple of tablets with the tiniest bit of water (mine did not go down properly), then blowing into a foil balloon.

It is a test for a particular bacteria (HP) in the stomach which eventually causes ulcers.  It causes a whole range of symptoms including acid reflux, sensitivies to various foods, even a constant throat clearing which my husband had.  Google it, you will be surprised.  My main problem with it was ulcer like pain in the gut.  My husband did not have that pain, but the acid reflux caused by the HP was causing inflammation of his throat and sinuses.

I am told there is a blood test for it.  My husband was diagnosed via an endoscopy as they were looking for something else.

My husband was also given nexium only but it only suppressed the problem a little.

• Posted

I have also acid reflux, when I ate spicy food my tummy is paining. I feel terrible. I don't take any medicine. I drink mildly warm water 2 glasses and my acid goes down. Simple trick to make my acid calm down. I hope it helps but I know this is not a long term solutions but it works for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.