side affects

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all, im new to this recently started taking orlistat,( bout a week n half ago) i was just wondering if ne 1 had the side effect im having, for 1 im more bunged up than wha ur supposed to b according to the leaflet, and have had no oily spotting or nothing, plz help dunno if it working or not :cry:

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

They will be working. I'm the same. You need to drink loads of water. I have substituted tea and coffee in the day time for no added sugar squash ( i don't like water by itself) . I make it up in used 250ml drink bottle with a screw lid.

You'll only get the side effects you talked about if you have more than 30g of fat a day or more than 15 in a meal. Alot of people split it into up to 5g for breakfast, 10g for lunch and 15g for tea. Any grams left you could use for snacks.

Hope this is if some use and Good luck on your weight loss journey :D

• Posted

Hi Welshlass, I have just gone into my forth week on the tabs and feel I am now settling in. I do have to take a lot of painkillers (flat on my back at mo) which cause constipation, so I have always needed senakot which dont seem to have any adverse effect with the blue'ies. I personally think that slowly does it, you didn't put all your weight on in a couple of months so why expect it to come off that quick, I think that if it comes off slowly it gives your skin a chance to keep up and therfor dont end up looking like a small person wearing the wrong size skin.

Had my first weigh in at the docs on tues and had lost roughly half a stone which I am more than happy with. I wont to aim for about 5-6 lbs a month, that way it's a sustainable realistic goal. I did buy a wii fit and have been doing some gentle step most days, and my belt size has gone down 3 holes, so am very happy. I find reading the forum a couple of times a week makes me feel that there are others out there all with thier own ways of getting there and we all find whats right for us. Good luck and if you fall off the wagon occassionally it's just a temporary blib so dont worry. Regards Avithos.

• Posted

thanks guys for replying, really appreceate it, i got my weighin tomoz with the nurse so we c if they work lol, anyway im gonna keep taking them, the reason y i thought they wernt working is cause i had a meal wiv loads of fat n nothing happened till 2 days later x
  • Posted

Good luck on your weigh in x
  • Posted

the side effects can take up to 48hours to happen if you've overdone the fat, the more you have the more 'urgent' the exit

good luck with the weight in smile

• Posted

ah rite perhaps tha wha it is en< when i was on them b4 i had all the side effects lol, thank for the good luck xx
  • Posted

Nice to see a fellow welshy here, im from the vale of glamorgan!

i have been on them nearly a month now and Im gettin both those symtoms, the bunged up more than the other mind, although i find if i have had too much fat in a meal i see side effects within hours!

I have had a few times off the pills though due to valentines day, family meals etc but back on them the next day.

Did you say your weigh in is soon? are they not letting you go a month before they weigh you? My 1st weigh in is monday and im looking forward to it, i think lol!

Good luck with your weigh in

Sian

• Posted

Good luck both of you with your weigh ins. I've not been too bad on the side effects but have seen some orange oil this week (sorry), which tells me the tablets are working.

I usually have chinese once a week, foo yung and some boiled rice but this week decided to have a meal off. I had beef in a sauce and fried rice and do you know what, I didn't enjoy it, the rice was overcooked and the sauce a bit tasteless. Serves me right, I'll stick to what I know is nice in future. I have to say, the less fat I eat the less I enjoy when I have something that does have a lot of fat in. I went to the cinema a few weeks ago and it's near a KFC. The smell made me feel sick.

Have a good weekend everyone, I've got my weigh in next week too.

• Posted

Thanks sally, good luck to you aswell!

OOh chinese, i had a small one 2 days before i started the pills and im so craving a duck chow mein, if i do well monday i may well treat myself to one lol along with a strawberry yazoo milkshake and some mint aero choc lol and by the sounds of it im gonna undo all that hard work lol

And now im thinking about kfc haha.....

• Posted

just try to think that as nice as those foods taste the good feeling doesnt last as long as the feeling we get when we see we're a little lighter and a few less inches!

i have about 2 meals off a month, usually to allow me to go out with friends and have something other than plain salads and plain jacket potato with beans, i usually make sure i get in an extra gym session when i go out for a naughty meal, makes me feel like i deserve it lol

• Posted

hi sain, i went to weigh in but because the doc did put my weigh on notes when she give me the tabs, the nurse classed this as my first weigh in, he put me on a low cal diet n it hard but i suppose i got to stick to it if i want to lose weight ini lol, o n by the way im from west glam xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.