Side affects after stopping

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was using an ACE inhibitor for my blood pressure for over two years. I stopped then in June. in July I ended up in the ER from headaches and increased heart rate. They said it was migraines and costochondritis. In September I was back in the ER with a heart rate of 129 and feeling light-headed. They did lots of test and my heart was fine. suggested talking to my doctor about effects of stopping the blood pressure medicine. I haven't been able to talk to her because she's out of the office until next week.

has anyone beer heard of side affects of increased heart rate after stopping ACE inhibitor? My heart rate is still elevated at times. It can be 62 one minute and 119 the next. I really confused if this could be the issue.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

did you just stop taking them or did you reduce them slowly.? And did you reduce them following medical advice to do so? If you've been taking an ACE Inhibitor to reduce your BP and you didn't reduce it slowly, its bound to affect your BP and heart rate.

• Posted

susan40017, They were stopped. My prescription ran out. The doctor I had, not regular doctor she was out of office, said that I didn't need them because my bp was down. Never said anythin about side affects stopping all at once. My bp is doing ok, has gone up tp 135/80 where it was 100/60 when I ran out of meds. My pulse has been between 85 - 129, which is high for me, normally runs 60 -74. Called doctors but my regular doctor doesn't come back until November. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.