Side effect omeprozole

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone have a strange taste in their mouth?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue,

I think anything that effects your stomach acid levels can effect you taste. I can't tolerate PPI's - one of the problems I had was loss of taste - which started with me having a strange metallic kind of a tatse in my mouth. I'm on Zantac now - but I still have a strange taste in my mouth - although it's not as bad! It can make some foods taste 'off' when they aren't!

• Posted

That is exactly the taste I get, have been on omeprazole  for years for acid and hiatus hernia. This started about six months ago. I was also on terbinafine for a toe infection and doctor said it would probably be this. Stopped taking that about a month ago and he said it would clear up. Alas it didn't so wondered if it might be the  Omeprazole. Thank's 
  • Posted

Started on them around October last year, and so far all's been okay. My only issue since gallbladder removed is three episodes of sudden diarrhoea, each time it has Been less. Just like a sudden feeling of wind but alas it's Not. And though toilet not far away never make it in time. Not sure if this is due to gallbladder removal or not.
  • Posted

Hi, I was on omeprozole for about 8 months and have now stopped taking PPI"s altogether, but I noticed about a month after stopping that I got a really bad taste in my mouth. At first I thought I had a cavity, but no.  I guesstimated that the PPI's had messed up my inner balance and so started taking a really good probiotic to try and get things back on track. It's worked great. First thing in the morning I have a probiotic capsule with a glass of water, a good half hour before food, and now a couple of weeks later all is good. But I mean a "good" probiotic. The maker lists the amount of probiotics at time of manufacture, but by the time they get to you the amount may be vastly reduced. So the best thing to do is visit your local health food store and get a good refrigerated one. I got the kind that has 8 different probiotics in it.They even gave me some ice bags to get them home as it was a hot day.

While you're at the Health Store's fridge, do yourself a favour and get yourself some good, raw, refrigerated, organic sauerkraut as it's full of probiotics. If you have some half an hour before eating it will aid digestion and get your gut back on track.

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.