Side Effects?

Posted , 2 users are following.

After taking the tablet and having a meal, how fast does the side effects appear?

If for example I take one a few minutes before eating a really high fat content meal. How long could I expect to wait before the inevitable happens?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

like most things it will vary from person to person but expect it can take from 0-48hrs after meal to be on the safe side.

best thing is not to over do the fat but if you know you will then don't take the tablet, obviously that's not something you should do that often

• Posted

I have been taking it for two days now. All has been fine so far but it is giving me terrible wind and not the type I can hold in until a more convenient time and place.

If one should experience leakage, do you get some warning that it is going to happen and is it possible to hold it in until I run violently to the nearest bathroom/bush? :lol:

• Posted

some people on here in the past have said theres not always a warning, it can be a quick tummy pain then whoosh :? or a trump and follow thru :shock:

depending on how far over you went with the fat intake it may be an unpleasant leakage or it might be some oil when you go to the bathroom

these tables automatically take 1/3 of the fat you eat and dispose of it, if you're within the limits then up to 5g fat will pass out with no problem, the higher it is over then the worse the experience

• Posted

I'm going to [try] restrict my diet to a sandwich (6g of fat) or toast for breakfast, another sandwich for lunch and soup for dinner. In total, it should be around 15g of fat a day. I'll probably snack on a banana or two throughout the day to stop me raiding the biscuit tin.

Forcing myself to take orlistat is good motivation not eat high fatty foods, due to the \"explosions\" (as my Doctor called it).

In addition to taking orlistat, I'm also taking slimming pills which works great for me (I lost 2 stone purely taking the slimming pills last time I dieted) and some vitamins.

Due to my busy schedule, exercising isn't always possible but I'm going to walk up stairs in my work rather than take the lift, thats 9 floors up, 3 times a day!

Hopefully the weight will drop off but that's easier said than done (and it doesn't always go according to plan!). :shock:

I'm only going to weigh myself once a month to avoid disappointment.

• Posted

was speaking to the nurse last week about another ladies diet from here where she was snacking on banana's and was told that that is not a good option and if you do want banana you should only have one small one once a day and no more.

Why aren't you trying to have some sort of cereal for breakfast, weetabix, bran flake etc?

You do still need to be having a balanced diet on these tablets you just need to look and note the fat intake. Also drinking green tea and water during the day will help with the weight loss

• Posted

[quote:66e4d732a4=\"Suza\"]was speaking to the nurse last week about another ladies diet from here where she was snacking on banana's and was told that that is not a good option and if you do want banana you should only have one small one once a day and no more.

Why aren't you trying to have some sort of cereal for breakfast, weetabix, bran flake etc?

You do still need to be having a balanced diet on these tablets you just need to look and note the fat intake. Also drinking green tea and water during the day will help with the weight loss[/quote:66e4d732a4]

I don't always eat breakfast, and when I do, I usually just grab something convenient to munch on while driving to work.

Is there any fruits which could be considered good to eat?

I already drink an incredible amount of water a day, I'm on my 3rd bottle and it's only 11:30am! I'm not a fan of tea or coffee however I haven't ever tried green tea and perhaps I may like it.

• Posted

small apple after a main meal is supposed to help break up the fat, nurse also advised that you should try and have some oranges during the week. She also said not to have too many of one food item, fruit, veg etc at one meal so if having fruit just mango with melon, or melon and orange, orange and banana etc if having veg just have carrots and peas or carrots and broccoli etc you get the gist.

green tea has been recommended to also help break up fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.