Side effects?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I need some reassurance or advice prior to my appointment with the Gp as im in a panicky state. Has anyone suffered with incontinence whilst taking citalopram?

Im 31 with no children and ive had incontinence for around 3wks. I did have a cold which I thought might be a factor as I had a nasty cough but the now the cough has gotten alot better and hardly there. But the incontinence has stayed? Help

Many thanks x

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had incontinence not sure this is a side effect of the Med but definitely mention it to your doctor !

I've been on 40mg for 7 months

I do urinate more often it seems and more urgently not sure if that's from this Med or other ones I'm on. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Im hoping its to do with the cough. But its playing havoc with my anxiety and feel panicky and self concious today x
  • Posted

I had quite some episodes of diarrhea and still have them from time to time (I hate them!) but never really incontinence. However, I've read some 2 or 3 postings of people who had real bad cases (no time to reach the WC in time). You should definitely mention that to your doc.
    • Posted

Thank you x yes the urge to go is very strong more than usual but just having this other effect too which is unpleasant x I sympathise as I still get bouts of diarrhoea x
  • Posted

hi , oh yes, dr gave me water tablets, and after few mths settled down was on citolopram fo 2 years been on venlafaxine 10 mths still have problems sometimes , still on water tablets. tell your dr, it may be just the cough, gd luck gentle hug x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply x I'm hoping it's the cough tbh xx but will defo get in touch with the Dr xxx hugs
  • Posted

Hey Jellycat,

For about 2 or so weeks I had incontinence however it stopped ? whether that is the citalopram ? I do find I go a lot urinating? Dont get too worked up it will either pass or the doc can give you something for it its all good keep cool my friend smile

• Posted

I suffer with bile salt malabsorption, side effect of gall bladder removal but not incontinence unless I'm laughing....

I would double check this with your GP

x

• Posted

thanks lisa. Ive have an appointment booked for next week. Feeling alot better today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.