Side effects ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had RA for a year and the medicine has helped a lot ,,,,but several days ago I started to get small rash on my face ,yuck, n today I woke up with a partial white tongue ,,,,what is going on ??? A little scared ....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have a rash on my face also that started several weeks ago.  My dr. Said it was a flare and put me on prednisone.  My rash is on my eye lids, between my eyes, a little on my forehead, by my nose and a little on my chin.  It's embarrassing because I look contagious or something.  Where on your face is your rash?

• Posted

Sorry to hear this , mine is not as bad. But it is embarrassing ,,, this is going to sound weird but I read about using Vicks vapor rub on those spots and so far it is taming them down ,,keep the figures crossed , but if you try it be careful round the eyes it will burn them ,,,let you know how they look tomorrow morning ,,, this sucks ;((((
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, your rash sounds like a drug (or RA ) induced lupus rather than flare to the best of my understanding. It sounds like a butterfly rash to me. If the prednisone does not help (which I hope it would meaning that I am wrong), I would raise this possibility with your dr... Good luck.
    • Posted

I thought about Lupus too.  I wonder why my Dr. Didn't mention it.  He told me to stop taking the Nabumetone.  Hopefully that is what is causing the rash.  That is one of the side effects of that drug.  I'm crossing my fingers for no lupus.

• Posted

The Vicks is interesting.  Maybe I'll try it by my nose and chin.  Good luck with your's.

• Posted

Hope it isn't lupus , shall keep my fingers crossed for you n sending gentle  hugs ,,,so I did the Vicks and the rash seems smaller but I have new ones on my neck ,,,grrrrrrrr ,,,,I see my doctor in November ,,,so if it doesn't get larger I will wait it out ,,,, maybe I am just having a flare up ?????

• Posted

Hi Janis,

What medication are you on? As i have recently started hydroxychloroquine (maybe that is plaquenil there are too many brand names!) And my consultant said a side affect is a rash that can appear at any time of treatment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.