Side effects.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I wonder if anyone has expierienced Flu like symptoms whilst taking Mirtazapine, I have been taking Mirt 15mg for only three days and I have continuous headaches, a sore throat, aching limbs, no energy and generally feel lousy. In fact I felt so ill I have stopped taking this drug, has anyone got any useful advice.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes this can happen. Stop and speak to your GP as you mentioned
  • Posted

These a gerneral side effects and there fairly mild compared with some theres no point in try a med for only 3 days u need to comit to it for at least 4 -6 wks before it fully kicks in before that its just side effects saying that some drugs do give people some really dangerous side effects but i dont think urs are. The first 2 weeks on any ad can b rough an mitrazapine is thought to b one of the gentler ones. Couldnt u try taking some paracetomol for the headaches n aches i took paracetomol daily for abt a week starting sertraline for the headaches
  • Posted

I understand when you say you the drug made you feel lousy - did the flu like symptoms come on when you stopped taking it Baz?  How many days since you stopped?

The flu like symptoms are usually felt when tapering or suddenly stopping, suprised if its after you stopped having been on it for only 3 days.

Rise it out, just a few days and you should be right as rain.  

By the way, were you taking or are ou taking any other meds??

Wishing you well Baz.

• Posted

I experienced these side effects whilst I was taking this drug, and not after stopping taking them, I have been off them for about 5 days now, and the side effects have gone. I was not taking any any other drug at the same time. I will give the medication another try, and hope the side effects will go after a week or two.
    • Posted

I think u should i hear its very good
    • Posted

Well there you are, I sometimes get mild flu, sche whilst tapering.  I think you're the first I've read of getting that on start up.  I would imagine (!) that the symptoms would subside once you are settled on the Mirt' - I hope it goes well for you Baz.

• Posted

They should hopefully were off in a while but I've been trying to ween off of Mirtazapine and I've been getting all of the symptoms you've been getting. Hopefully you'll have good luck with it moving forward and if the symptoms continue too long I would definitely let whoever prescribed it to you know about it.

• Posted

Nothing conclusive but coincidental I started haveing headaches when first started but they put that down to the oxygen therapy I was on at the same time here are too many pat answers these days without going into things in depth at the time of them starting them my P doctor he kept asking for side effects very few my main one is after tea napping
  • Posted

Flu like symptoms definate with intake of Mirt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.