Side effects?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. While trying to find ways to control the pain of PHN I am experiencing a side effect of some med? I have been taking 400mg of Lyrica for almost 2 years. Over the last 6 weeks or so I have begun to experience excessive hair fall. Could be stress or another med. But wondering if anyone else has noticed hair loss while on Lyrica?And I know for those of us in pain, hair loss is a superficial concern.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Exploring on the net I see that there is some pattern of complaints about hair loss with it, but it is unclear whether the Lyrica causes hair loss. It’s not a known side effect, but could be one that is surfacing now. 
    • Posted

Hi Charlie. Could be stress. I have had this happen pre-Lyrica in the past. Not quite as pronounced as now though. With the risk of sounding self pitying it does feel like adding insult to injury. And tomorrow I see my eye doc. My already dry eyes are really dry and vision a little fuzzy. Blurred vision is stated as a possible side effect of Lyrica. ☹️ 
    • Posted

Yes.  Because of all the side effects I hear about, I am not a fan of oral meds to manage PHN.  I tried some in the first few months of my PHN, then switched totally to topical creams and gels.  So, I've never had to deal with side effects of any kind since then. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.