SIDE EFFECTS !! 10mg to 20mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone!

New here and love having a place to come and not feel alone!! You guys are so helpful 💞

Here’s my thing

I was on 10mg escitalopram for 3 years, started feeling extreme anxiety again. Dr did blood work to check all my levels and everything came back fine so he told me to go to 20mg! I felt after a couple days it was too much and started with 15mg, been a couple weeks now and the side effects are horrendous! I don’t remember having any when I started this medication! I’m scared to go to the 20mg I don’t want the side effects to worsen or take longer to get over!

Heightened anxiety(morning & night)

Heavy head

Shakes

Constipation

Zero appetite

Tingles all over

Dry mouth

The list goes on! Any support or guidance would be appreciated 💕

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello! I hope it gets better for you soon. Every time you up a dose of these types of meds this happens. My other medications stopped working so Im starting Lexapro tomorrow. Not looking forward to the side effects, but sure hoping it helps alleviate the return of my anxiety and panic attacks. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.