side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on this drug for hyperthyroidism since the end of September. I have just had a fine needle aspiration for a large multinodular goitre which I have been told is causing a \"cold\" spot. I now feel terrible, I feel as if my body is carrying large weights, I am having lots of palpitations and have now developed a sore throat and a \"tickly\" cough. I am going to see my GP tomorrow but has anyone else had these sort of symptoms just starting the drug. I have to wait the outcome of the FNA to find out how I am to be treated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with graves and have itchy palms and tingly throat- not sure if it is side effects of carbmazole or the over thyroid!
  • Posted

Don't be surprised if you get really moody, snappy, and flip at the slightest thing , I am going through this at the moment and my kids are going through it to , not nice just want to be normal again.
  • Posted

hi there yes i know that feeling all to well and completely sympathise. i have been on my 2nd lot of carbimazole treatment .The tablets are kicking in again but going through that phase where i feel like a differnt person and my usual tolerance levels are shot to bits . This is really tricky when trying to bring up children too . Luckily my kids have seen that the pills did work the first time and i did improve quite quickly , so it gives them some patience with me , but it is draining when you feel like this and there are little ones around . I wish you the best in your recovery and the symptoms will get better hang in there . If you are interested i have heard that reflexology is a great relaxer and balancer to help .
  • Posted

[color=black:db7babc401][/color:db7babc401] sad hi been on carbimazole 20mg seen aug 09 i feel terrible sore throat dry cough weight gain snappy and very depressed the worst thing is the acne like spots nothing clears them Been back to doctors sent for more blood tests told them i am not taken tablets anymore need different medication feel like am lossing my life no control anymore sad
  • Posted

i found OXY to be great for the spots........hope your feeling better soon......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.