Side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok, so while I have generally been very strict with what I've been eating since starting these tablets 3 weeks ago, we ate out today and it's fair to say there would have been more fat in the meal than I have been used to eating these past few weeks. As a consequence, there was excess orange grease when I went to the toilet but I also noticed what appeared to be little oily discs floating in the toilet about the size of a 5p coin. Haven't seen these before and certainly didn't feel them coming out!! Has anyone else experienced this?  It just seemed so odd but i guess it's the grease/fat/oil. Really makes you think about what you're eating and if it weren't for these tablets, those blobs of fat would be sitting on my thighs or clogging my arteries rather than being flushed down the toilet. It really is a wake up call to the types of foods I'm putting in my body. 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yep, it certainly makes you think that the excess fat that you see would be in your body sticking to you.  I have to say not experienced anything like your describing to be fair.  

the side effects do make you stop and think before you put a food item in our mouths. I have been having a lot of little white spots over my nose, cheeks and fore head since I have been taking the blue bullets. xx

• Posted

Can't say I've experienced any white spots. I guess all our bodies will react slightly differently anyway. I'm very happy to be on these tablets anyway - at least as far as losing weight is concerned. Would be great if I wasn't in this poition in the first place but since I am, it's great to finally be doing something that works. I tried lighterlife several times and while the weight came off, it was hard to stick to as I was always hungry and wanting to chew something... they say that eliminating food helps to reeducate you about what you're eating but that theory didn't work for me. As soon as I stopped lighterlife, the weight would go straight back on and more. This on the other hand really is making me think about what I'm eating and I get to eat proper food at the same time. Very happy right now and just hope it continues. 
  • Posted

Eeeeek these don't sound nice at all.

Im so paranoid about having side effects that I m too scared to eat out lol

How are you finding being on the tablets? Xx

• Posted

I'm very happy taking these tablets, they seem to be working and I've lost a stone in the first 3 weeks. I haven't been caught short as in I haven't had any accidents and while I've generally been very strict with what I'm eating, I have allowed myself a few treats at the weekends. Nothing excessive though and still not eating in between meals. The restaurant was only a couple of mins from our house and we went straight home after the meal. I was expecting something to happen but being at home was able to get to the toilet in time. I wouldn't eat something with a high fat content or more than 5g of fat if I was at work or out in public/visiting people as I know what could happen. Most of the time I just avoid everything that is over 5g of fat. I still take the tablets with all my meals even though most of my meals are below 5g of fat as I use them as a deterrant. Knowing that I've got the tablets in my system and knowing what could happen stops me from eating things I shouldn't. Most of the time I don't have any side effects or experiences as described above because I'm eating very low fat meals. 
  • Posted

Is it true that Orlistat reduces fat clogging your arteries?
    • Posted

I don't know... I just assume that if less fat is being absorbed by your body and it's coming out the other end and being flushed down the toilet then surely that's less fat in your system in general, including on your hips, thighs, arms, stomach, butt, chin and arteries. That's my reasoning anyway but I haven't actually read that anywhere. 
  • Posted

I've had similar floating oily discs a couple of times since starting taking the tablets - not been too concerned about them personally!!   Can't remember what I had eaten before ...
    • Posted

I just wondered if it was a common side effect... Better out than in that's for sure!
  • Posted

Hey Hun not to worry it is normal cause it's been happening to me too it is the fat that the tablets are taking smile so don't worry 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.