Side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am into my 3rd day of taking citalopram 20mg I havnt noticed any difference in my moods yet but still its early days. Last night I was having sex and I found it Impossible to orgasm. Does this side effect go away or am I stuck with it? Please help!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for 8 weeks and I too find it almost impossible to orgasm (you will find a way when it goes on too long believe me!!) I get the feeling that I am stuck with it until I come off the medication! sad
  • Posted

I have been taking citralopram for 3 weeks now & find it impossible to orgasm. I hope thuis isn't a lasting side effect. sad

Is there anyone who has been on it longer who has any more information?

• Posted

Hi, I have been taking citalopram for almost 6 months and still cannot orgasm which is now distressing myself and my partner. I think I will discuss it with my gp next time I have a med review.
  • Posted

Im 11 weeks in and I find I can orgasm now, but you need to stimulate your mind more...

I find I can just stop sex half way through and not care though... which is frustrating for my partner..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.