Side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am on day 8 of taking 20mg During the first week I found that there were some side effects that were pretty noticible. I found that there were times that i was extremely anxious and that I did not want to get out of bed. I have been taking the tablet in the morning and find that the morning until about 2pm is worse for me and I get more relaxed as I go thorugh the day. Has anyone had this experience of feeling more anxious at certain times. I have felt a bit better the last couple of days when can I expect to feel bettter like this with out the periods of feeling realy anxious.

I would be happy to hear from anyone

Blessings

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Day 8 is still too early to know if C will help. Periods of anxiety might be expected in the early part of treatment. If they don't get less, or less intense, talk to your GP about it. It might be that C is not the right medication for you. There are other possibilities.

Keep strong and take advantage of the support on this site. You're not alone and there will always be people who will support you.

• Posted

I agree with John, keep going. What you have experienced so far is quite normal. C takes 3 or 4 weeks to get into the system. I noticed a difference weeks 4-6 then had a bit of a dip. The GP upped my dose to 30mg per day and I am now on week 12 and life is getting back to normal and the anxiety is minimal.

The GP likes you to persevere for 6 weeks to give C a chance to work. They may also alter your dose to see if that helps. 20mg is usually the starting dose and some people take 60mg per day.

I found a website helpful. If you do a google search for Will Beswick you will find it. Will has some interesting thoughts on how to tackle anxiety - he managed to get his life back on track using his methods.

all the best

Linda

• Posted

Hi

thanks everyone for replying it is really good to know that I have support out there. Today I got out of bed but it was difficult but by 2.30pm I felt like a different person much more positive

Blessings

• Posted

Great you are more positive. Just take each moment as it comes and live for the now.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.