side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been on these four months now and all i get is the side effects. i have asked the the dr to come of them. i get the same old answer i will end up with a heart attack or stroke

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i see this post is a year old- are you ok? am in same position- now stopping them to get my live back- albeit maybe a shorter one!
  • Posted

I am on 2.5 mg Bisoprolol but my target dose is 10 mg but I feel totally whacked out all the time. I put on loads of weight and feel very tired and depressed and have a type of hangover in the morning but the doctors tell me it is very good at protecting the heart.
  • Posted

My husband tried this medication and it completely knocked him sideways and put a huge lot of weight on.

His gp changed him to Candersarten, which I already was taking.He lost the weight and the side effects of the Bisoprolol and been fine since. He started on 8mg a few years ago and is now down to 4mg as his blood pressure stabilised very quickly.

We take it each morning and both feel fine. No side effects whatsoever.

Yes Bisoprolol is very good at protecting the heart but there are others that do as good a job and may suit you better. Only your gp can decide what is best for you. You must tell him/her that you feel ill on the Bisoprolol and could you try something else.

Good luck.

• Posted

I am on Candesartan too and have just reached my target dose of 32mg which is the maximum. It is an excellent drug and the only side effect I got was back pain at the beginning of treatment.

Anyone that gets the hacking cough from Ramipril is put on Candesartan as second line treatment.

• Posted

I have basically decided to stop taking Bisoprolol now and see what happens as the docs here all seem to say that B is the gentlest of the beta blockers and that others have even worse side effects. I am going to try yoga and deep breathing etc and keep the pills for when and if palpitations occur but I just pray |i will be ok and not have another VT episode. As it was brought on by stress and caffeine I reckon they are something I can change at least.
  • Posted

Just to add to that I must say that Statins are the worse drug I have ever taken I just had to stop.

Severe depression and suicidal feelings were just too overwhelming.

• Posted

Hi Rozbooks, I'm a little worried to hear that you are stopping the medications without medical advice.

Please consider going to your gp and saying you no longer want the Bisoprolol and need to try something else.

Yoga is good and so is a sensible low fat diet. Porridge oats lower bp and cholesterol, so do garlic capsules/cooking with garlic. I also pracise slow breathing techniques for lowering stress and getting to sleep. Prayer is also good as it can lower the bp if that's ok with you.

You may still need a little help with a medication though. Life is a pain sometimes but it's the only one we get a go at.

So please take a little trip to the gp and request a bit more consideration about bp medications. take a friend/relative with you for moral support if you can.

Let us know how you get on. Take care, Fanny Jane.

Hi Wally, totally agree with you about the statins, so do lots of other people. However many find them beneficial. We are all different. Hope you are keeping your cholesterol down with a low fat diet and lots of porridge!!! Best wishes to you, Fanny Jane.

• Posted

thats very kind of you to be concerned- luckily cholestorol is low and heart is in good nick after having al the checks MRI and angiogrqm etc- its just the electrics a bit mad-and seem to need calming down- will chat to doc too , all the best

• Posted

Why don't you get an ICD defibrillator, It's a type of pacemaker which will take care of any electrics or v-tach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.