Side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

What side effects has everyone had of this tablet and how long did they last for?

I've only been on them for five days and starting to feel a bit better but also got a weird fuzzy feeling in my head and get the shakes. I am supposed to be going back to work next wednesday and wondered how everyone copes with the side effects and being at work?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Need to give an any antidepressant 4-6 weeks to start working fully and for some side-effects to settle down.
    • Posted

I was on sertraline for 4 weeks and that made me have quite bad side effects and made my anxiety worse so doctor suggested I go on a different one but don't want to be off work for much longer as I am the only secretary and work is obviously getting pressured because invoices need to go out and they can't get cover.
  • Posted

Yes I felt sick light headed fuzzy head wiped out etc etc but everyone is different and what side affects u have with starting these will pass :-)
    • Posted

Can't remember as once I got to say 6/8 wks my dose was increased, what I have found "from my personal experience " is find the root cause of the problem and work on it to set ur life free from anxiety/panic

I didn't suffer from depression and this is my own personal experience 😉

• Posted

Yeah I know what my main problem is and trying to control that but hoping tablets will help.
  • Posted

What you are feeling is normal.  It is your body getting used to the medication.  You will feel worse before you feel better, but it will settle down.  Usually takes a few weeks.  Don't go back to work until you feel better. 

It is onlky five days, so give it time to work.  I expect your doctor told you that you will gradually feel improvement, and after 6-8 weeks will feel the full benefit.

You may have some side effects after this time, but it varies from person to person. 

• Posted

Yes my doctor did say it will get worse before getting better but as I am due back at work next week I need to get myself and in routine. I've already been off 5 weeks and don't really want to have anymore time off, just hope these feelings pass soon.
    • Posted

I took a lot of time off work when I was really bad with depression.  If you feel you can cope with work then go back, but I don't want you to feel you wish you had not gone back too soon.  Hopefully your employers will understand.  Let us know what you decide.

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

No I do feel I can cope but not all day, going back part time which is good of them. Think they just want me back as soon as possible.
    • Posted

That is good news that they are letting you go back part time.  They are considerate employers.

Let us know how you get on.  Well done, and good luck.

Will be thinking of you Holly

• Posted

Yeah they are very supportive and want the best for both me and them.

I am due back Wednesday but might try going back tomorrow.

Will let u know how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.