Side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

Roughly how long does it take for side effects to go after stopping amlodipine. After about 10 days, mine are easing but not gone yet. Am I expecting too much?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes longer ...at least three months
    • Posted

Thanks. Strangely, it makes me feel better. I thought I was becoming a hypochondriac!
  • Posted

IV only just started this tablet. What Withdrawel effects do you experience with this drug x
    • Posted

Hi Elaine - I was on Amlodipine for 15 years without any side effects at 10mg daily.  Due to the last year having to take steroids long term, due to problems with my autoimmune system giving me PMR, my BP has come down considerably, so my GP/PCD reduced my dosage to 5 mg and recently I have stopped completely - I have not had any withdraw symptoms at all!  It's a bit like 'how long is a piece of string' - we are all different, and react differently to drugs/medication. 

The best advice I can give you is; you will not get all the side effect listed in the package and in many cases maybe none at all - think positive.

• Posted

Oh thanks for that. Feel more positive after your review. IV been on it 2 weeks 5mg. No effects as yet so maybe I'm like you. Thanks again 😊👍😊
  • Posted

Hi Luvheart,

I was only on Amlodipine for about 3 weeks but it took as long for the symptoms to go completely. I had very swollen ankles and legs, my legs ached continually. They did go completely back to normal size.

• Posted

I have been on this for 10 days, it's supposed to regular heart rate to normal, I am now running at 120 beats, and very up and down, but never down to acceptable rate, arms and legs are heavy and sore, and I feel sick constantly, not able to eat very much at all and already losing weight.And the worst is not sleeping, used to be a good sleeper, now lucky if I get 2 hours a night.....
  • Posted

Some of my symptoms went within a couple of weeks but SOME took about 3 months to finally clear up wink 
  • Posted

Everyone's experience is different. I stopped taking amlodipine following admission to hospital last year for internal bleeding - my symptoms stopped very quickly, within a few days, and I have never taken them since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.