side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i've been on  Esmya for 5 days have really bad pains in my legs and feeling breathless too, did any one have the same 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Collette

yes I did. I had breathlessness, pain in the legs, back, extreme tiredness and increased vaginal discharge. Let me know if you have any more symptoms and I can share my experience with you. 

Take care 

• Posted

Thanks shivan was put on them because i have really bad pains with periods and fibroids was put on them because going to america on thursday for 2 weeks so the doctor decided to put me on them to keep pains away but with the side effects not so sure now don't what to feel like this when away. thinking of coming of them now.
  • Posted

Hi Collette

I had achy shoulders/neck while on Esmya.

I had breathlessness/fatigue but I am sure that was as a result of the anaemia I was suffering not the Esmya.

It didn't reduce the size of my one large fibroid, but did stop my horrendous bleeding and was the only thing that got me through to a fibroid removal.

I would take it again if offered to see me through to hysterectomy as my removal didn't cure the problem periods.

• Posted

Hi Jaspy was thinking of stoping them cause gong on holiday don't want to feel like that when away though will have to get womb out later this year doctor wasing in today he will get back to me tomorrow to let me know what to do
    • Posted

Good luck Collette!

I was hoping having my fibroid removed would be the end of the problem but my period is back heavy and clotting. I am also just waiting to have my womb removed.

I found the side effects of the Esmya easier than the horrific bleeding/pain.

• Posted

I had an op last year to burn the lining of womb it stop the bad bleeding but left me with fibroids and bad pains, had a another one to try and get rid of the pains it worked for 2 months, then came back so seen doctor last said womb has to come out now, so give me Esmya to help pain but not sure about it now.
  • Posted

Do you have heavy bleeding? Esmya should help with that while you are on holiday. It will also help to reduce the size of the fibroids, which will help if you are having a major operation. I am on my second pack of Esmya. I have multiple fibroids, and had very heavy bleeding. Esmya has stopped the bleeding. I felt a bit strange the first few days, but I am completely fine now. The body may take a little while to get used to things. The non-bleeding has made a huge difference for me. People seem to have different side effects though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.