Side Effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

i take my 20mg of Citalopram about 8am, I have been taking them for just over 5 weeks. What I want to ask if anyone experiences this....after about 2-3 hours my anxiety levels seem high and I feel really quite sick it last for a couple of hours then I feel quite normal.

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oops! When I said "cut out all things unhealthy and mentioned food that should have read fast food, junk, food, bad food anything, but just food! Otherwise howdya survive? Lol!

David

• Posted

Hi Aileen,  I can only suggest what my doctor told me to do, and a friend's doctor told her...we both were told to take our Cital our meds at night about 30 min before bed, with a little food.  It helps with sleeping, and no tummy issues, no brain fog, no heart palps.  We have been doing that since we started, with no issues.  I have been on the 20 mgs  for 3 years now, with no physical side effects.  You might want to give it a try...just a thought.  It seems that most of the people that share your issue, take their meds in the a.m.  Keep us posted if you try...would love to know if you notice a difference!  Good Luck to you!!
    • Posted

Thanks Deidra for ur reply, my only issue is the transition from am to pm. David suggested delaying it a couple of hours each day until it meant I was taking it in the evening, but I am so scared I upset the balance and knock myself back. I have GP appt next Thursday so will discuss it with him again.
    • Posted

I understand...good advice...best to check with your doctor first!  I used to have an awful time sleeping, but since I started taking cital, and at night, my sleeping is so much better!  I could lay there with my mind just racing for hours, heart pounding, and have get up during the night and try to listen to some soothing music, read, watch tv...which does not help, and go try to sleep again...and nothing.  So darn frustrating!  Now, I sleep like a baby most nights!  Now that was a nice side effect!  Good luck to you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.