Side effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

When getting any type of medication does anyone else read the side effects then convince themselves they'll have them?

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have managed to side effects nit even on the label. 
    • Posted

When i was young they didnt tell you a thing. 
    • Posted

Me too! I kinda just wish I was one kf those people who think nothing bad can happen to them
    • Posted

I used to let nothing bother me, now if I get a pain in my chest I'm having a heart attack pain in my arm heart attack pain in teeth heart attack!!! Horrible vicious circle xx
    • Posted

Your not alone. I tend to worry when its going heal or go away, or if its going away. I hate suffering. Then i panic if its going to effect the ailments i have. Its a mess at times.i dont google because  im waiting for a cure on what i do have and the last thing i would want to search for would be a new illness. People think drs are so bright and  kniwledgabke about everything but thats only on tv. Scientists are the smart ones but they dont see patients haha. I can not take any meds they have for anxiety.I want to be happy so badly and enjoy my life and i feel its getting wasted away by all this. We all get a set time to be on this Earth and you see some loving it and enjoying it then there me. I do love it at times but this whole anxiety thing ruined it. People who dont have this anxiety disorder are not compassionate enough towards it, make jokes, or are hurtful with or without realizing it. I barely ever disclouse how i feel anyway i stopped a long time ago. I love love this forum because its gives me the opportunity to help with what i do know and experienced and to see im not alone. I am so grateful for that.
    • Posted

I know what you mean by suffering and you feel like the whole world is passing you by. I've been basically homebound since last July and I have anxiety every morning from the time it wakes me up, which is around 6am and most times I don't go back to sleep. My body is so jittery and my heart feels like it's pounding and I can't lay down, and if I try I'm tossing and turning and can't keep still. It's like akathesia. It usually lasts over half the day. My Paxil stopped working and I'm now finally titrating off Paxil and going on Prozac. It is like misery. I've been on Paxil 15 years and my body is so use to getting it. I'm still taking the Paxil, but it's not working.
  • Posted

I do.... I get the meds.... Read the side effects and then reuse to take them
    • Posted

I'm the same I've got a swollen foot atm & I'm terrified to take naproxen! Managed to force it but I'm just so anxious & having the usual panic symptoms 😫 Xx
    • Posted

That's basically how I am,but my anxiety is so bad that I have heart palpitations and pace the floors. I get nauseous and have a hard time eating. My antidepressant just stopped working all of a sudden and now I'm titrating to another one and getting ready to start my menstrual cycle and my anxiety is through the roof
    • Posted

I take naproxen for headaches. I just make sure I have food on my stomach.
    • Posted

Ditto me two my menustration causes me to ferl like crap tired feel hypoglycemic. All the time feel spacey and unreal .. Hate it
    • Posted

Unbelievable anxiety girl... Ive just began to accept it for what it is .. Possitive talk .. And dealing with it as hard as it is
  • Posted

Yes, I am so scared of taking new medication. I google the side effects and then I decide whether I can take it or not. Most times I'll try a really small dose just so I can tell what might happen. I have OCD, so that's wh in so scared.
    • Posted

It's horrible I mean i want my foot to be better but I'm creating an imaginary scenario in my head xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.