Side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been taking Mirtazapine for 8 weeks, The last 4 the doctor upped the dosage to 30mg but has made the feeling worse of having a dry mouth and my tounge feels like its been scorched and lost the feeling of taste is some things.

I was told that this would go but 2 months down the road and I feel I cant live with this side effect any more so think I will taper off and try to come off.

Does any one know how long it would take to come off? as I read on here Mirtazapine is addictive.

Thanks

Jan

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I’m trying to come off now I’ve tapered from 30mg to 6mg in four months and it’s very very hard 

The wd symptoms are brutal 

• Posted

Hi Caroline1957. I feel for you because I too am really struggling to taper from 45mg down to 30mg. My Doctor is managing this with me . She told me that I will be better off this drug. I truly hope that she is right because its hell cutting down off it. ive been in a psyc ward for 3 days because I told my daughter i want to  kill myself!!. Police and ambulance were called and they took me to the hospital . A psyc ward is not where you want to be. They ignore you and its awful place to be in. the awful thing is that I have to wait not to see the psychiatrist who put me on this poison of a drug to ask to be taken off it. I will ask my Doctor too. I am happy for anybody to reply to me and hope that we can support each other through this awful time we are going through. Feel free to reply to my post. Apparently theyre working together to help me. so time will tell eh. This is not me its not who I am . I also wrote like 5 pages of letters to my two family members talking about how crappy and depressed i feel and that theyre better off with me gone from their lives!!. Type in Mirtazapine side effects and you will read all of what im going through and more side effects. Im having worsening depression, high anxiety, cant eat, dont shower or take care of myself. wear same clothes to bed. I wake up shaking, wishing that i had died in my sleep. I cant even find a smile for anything, The sun is shining so what, im dead inside. No joy in anything even my dog ...who I love and usually play with him .he brings his toy ball for me to play with him and i just cant. .I see black and I am in a deep black hole and its so hard its unbearable.suicidal thoughts. I drove to a train station today and got out of my car and walked to the side of the track, thinking shall I do this. this is not the real me I am usually a very resilient lady who makes people laugh and sees the good in life. Not whilst on MIRTAZAPINE. I see my Doctor on Tuesday I have to make it there I have to . Another side effect is not being able to go out see friends no motivation for my art. My family are struggling to see me so ill. I have to get well I want to get well so badly. I don't like the person ive become on this drug. Be sure to do the papering with management from a Doctor. please take care and all the best. 

• Posted

Patricia it’s hard and small drops are better and wait until you staberlise before dropping again I have no advice as I’m struggling to but can’t wait to get this horrible drug out of my system 

Be well xx

• Posted

I hope you get the help you so badly need its not fair your so desperately ill i really feel for you. I remember when i was first ill with depression i was completly numb would just be wat was like a trance n i couldnt eat my husband n friends were trying to make me eat ive never been as ill but im glad to say i got better i hope you do soon too x
  • Posted

Hello Jan. I have been on the awful drug for approx 5 months. My Doctor has reduced it from 45mg down to 30mg since March 6th. I told her that I felt no better on the 45mg so thats what she is lowering the dosage.She agrees that its not helping me one bit.  I am going through daily hell. I am suicidal, very high anxiety, cant eat, dont take care of myself as in showering .cry alot so much that now i cant cry anymore. I feel dead inside and am losing the will to be here anymore. sleep in my clothes and hate waking up and just want to stay asleep. Then once awake I shake so bad and feel anxious, depressed .Today I drove my car to a train station and actually diid think for ages to go and lay on the train track and end my life. I got back into my car and callaed lifeline, they called the police and then my daughter rang me and told me to come home. She was very angry and upset that I was going to commit suicide. I was in a psy ward for 3 days , which is not a good experience. I told them how this meds is making me feel suicidal. guess what the psychiatrist said go home and then make an appointment to see the Psychiatrist who prescribed this Mirtazapine to me!!!. meanwhile, I could end my life!!. the system is lacking and does not take me seriously. I am desperate every day is full of pain mental pain and anguish and depression. Read the side effects about Mirtazapine and you WILL WANT TO STOP TAKING IT. .Do it safely with your Doctor.

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help. 

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen. 

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need. 

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help. 

If you are based outside of the UK. 

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.