side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking for 14 years Gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day some times 4 for my Trigeminal Neuralgia I have low headache frequenly but they no problem its my feet they that are the problem my left foot has gone all floopy and I think the right foot will soon follow, nerve damage I think, could gabapentin cause this,I done type 2 diabetis and take metformin 2x a day 1g and have had a back problem I dont suffer any other side effects, other tablets are Omeprazole 20mg, Atorvastatin 40mg, 3 times a day, Adizem 200mg, Furosemide 20mg and Warfarin as reguired

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well hello to all, I am reluctazant to post as I am afraid much of what I am thiking is ambiguous.  I was looking for a Neuropathy thread.  I was taken to a Restless leg thread.  I was so taked back by all the suffering.  I know it is a neurological condition and is real with no cut and dried solutions. Mine is a long story, You see I am 86 years old, Can you bear with me  until I get  to my Gabapenton story? I have 2 artifical hips, one knee and the other knee operation failed so I have a rod in my leg.  Not allowing to bend my leg.  Have fallen flat many times, but no broken bones, black eyes and one time a broken toed.  But his fall with gabapentin was different.  I am so unsteady with it.  Several weeks ago I really don't know what happened.  I was using my waalker but I just lost my balance and spun out.  Landed on my hard wood table.  I could tell my lip was cut but was hopeful I wouldn't need stitches.  When I got to the bathroom and could stick my tounge through and see it on the other side I knew I was in trouble.  Went to emergency, they really wouldn't listyen about the gabapentin.  Sometimes I think their lack of interest is because I am old.  And so what they think.  It was iinteresxting my mexican friend was telling me the other day how a girl at a food drive through acted like she couldn't understand her.  So I guess there is prejudice and mean spititness out there. I am taking 1 400mg mornings and 2  400 mg pills  at night. I have noticed some weirdness.  I invited some friends to go out to dinner last week.  I knew I was acting strange.  When I got back I realized I had lost the hearing aide from my right ear. Not to be found of course. Also my hair is falling out which is most alarming.  I googled  "hair loss with gabapentin"  nthe reply google showed was vast.  Go figure.  Also then it talked of suicide and sudden death.  There has been on lawsuit that has been paid for the drug.  Howeve it was for their wording and selling of the product etc. t did not speak of any injury etc.  I have been in touch with the website "Class Action Suits"  I wrote them and they replied. They said they knew of no class action being brought but encouraged me to pursue it.  But then how do I get an emergency room to acknowlege my fall was from the gana[pentin?  Lastly it occurred to me I have been an activist all my life but ay 86 I think I have done as much as I can.  I know someone will eventually go after them as my thinking is not unique.  My spell check is off, I am a terrible speller so ecuse any errrors.  Cheers, and Be well.  Rose Sullivan

• Posted

I had a friend that couldn’t walk to good and she has diabetes but after stopping the gabapentin she’s getting up and cleaning cooking and so much better !! Just to let you know!!! Good luck and hope you get better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.