Side effects

Posted , 10 users are following.

What are your side effects from using venlafaxine Effexor???

Would love to know what you all go through also.

I’m in hell rite now 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have taken venlafaxine since July 2015 and never had any bad side effects. The med gave me my life back and do far I'm doing great. It can take a few weeks to feel much improvereat, but try to hang in there and give it a chance. I hope it will help yout as much as it did me. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Carl. I understand what you're doing through. We all do. You're not alone. I'm on Effexor XR 75 mg and have been for many years. After a short stint on Lexapro, I went back to effexor. I can honestly say I didn't notice any side effects. I guess it was (is) the right medicine for me. Some people do experience nausea or a bit of increased anxiety when starting any anti depressant. But not too many on this site.

They only difficulty with this medication is weaning off should you ever want to. You can't quit any anti depressant cold turkey. It has to be done slowly and tapered. I did it once when I tried the Lexapro and was fine. The reason in tried Lexapro was I my generic Venlafaxine (effexor XR) was discontinued and substituted with another Venlafaxine that caused me to have break through anxiety. I'm now on name brand effexor XR.

Anyway, it's going to take 3-6 weeks for you to feel better. But there are things you can do in the meantime.... If you have Ativan you can try taking a bit if that throughout the day.

Exercise is a MUST to boost the serotonin in your brain. take a vigorous walk everyday. I use the "calm" app for breathing and relaxation. And NO CAFFEINE!!! I pray a lot and rely on God to guide my day, which is probably the best for me.

I also go to a therapist and she helps me tremendously.

Take your medication every day at the same time. It's hard, but try to be patient, taking it minute by minute, hour by hour. Keep busy no matter how exhausted you are. And always keep in touch with your doctor!!!

God bless you and keep in touch!

• Posted

Hi Carl, I've been on venlafaxine along with mirtazapine for around 6 months. At first I was just tierd alot and had trouble with constipation. I was doing really well and recovering

On 150mg until recently so they've upped me to 225mg 4 days ago and I'm feeling very tierd again and this time I have decreased appetite and dizziness/light headed whenever I get up. I'm hoping the 22mg puts me back on track so I can slowly recover. I love hearing success stories on this med as it gives me hope that I will one day live a normal life anxiety and depression free. Wishing you the best of luck on this med, i hope it helps you like it has myself and many others.

• Posted

How are you feeling now Leanne? I'm on day 5 of increasing from 150 to 225. This increase has definitely been the worse one, I'm feeling very tired and light headed too! I had very little side effects on the other increases... x

• Posted

Hi rhubarb. I'm feeling good now, increase has helped stable me out, lifted my depression and has lessened anxiety enough for me to work on it through exposure therapy. I still get very light headed whenever I stand up but the tiredness wore off as long as I get a good night's sleep I'm good to go. I hope your increase helps you also.

• Posted

Hello! I just started Effexor 37.5 mg almost 2 weeks ago. The side effects that I’ve had so far are sweating like crazy (mostly at night when I’m sleeping), heightened anxiety and jittery. It feels like I have WAY too much energy. Seems like a good thing but when you’re trying to relax or sleep it gets kinda annoying. 

But Effexor got rid of my depression completely which I’m sooooo happy about since I was suicidal. If it could just help my anxiety then this will be my miracle pill. Lol

Good luck! Hope everything works out for you. 

• Posted

Hey,

I started venlafaxine 1wk ago today, after 4 days in 75mg had to go back to the doc as side effects were bad. Had headaches, vertigo, nausea, loss of appetite you name it I had it. What sent me back to the doc was the brain for an constant feeling of tripping. Fix cut side in half- however still having 90% of the same side effects. I'm the plus side no depression or trouble with sleep. What side effects at you having Carl? Does anyone know when these settle down?

• Posted

I’m down from 150mg to 75mg since I’ve been on them had headaches feeling of nausea sore tense neck and urinary issues I was also on quetiapine 50mg st night which I have just recently stopped since stopping the quetiapine I have really felt less anxious but still I don’t feel rite at all 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.